Rihanna

Cries Over Chris Brown

'He Needed Help'

8/16/2012 7:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0816_rihanna_own_01
With tears pouring down her face, an emotional Rihanna opened up to Oprah about Chris Brown ... describing how she "lost her best friend" after he attacked her back in 2009.

During the interview, set to air Sunday night on OWN, Rihanna described her emotions following the beating.

Rihanna continued, "Nobody's going to say he needs help. Everybody's going to say he's a monster without looking at the source ... and I was more concerned about him."

"I lost my best friend ... everything I knew switched ... switched in a night and I couldn't control that."

Brown ultimately pled guilty to felony assault for the 2009 beating and was sentenced to 5 years probation and was ordered to stay away from the singer. The restraining order has since been lifted.

R

And let OTHERS help him Rihanna. You can only help him and, more importantly, YOURSELF if you stay away from him, have no contact with him and stop talking about him.

jen

OMG! She is still going on about this bulls h i t? She just won't stfu about it! She is trying so hard to make him seem like the victim rather then herself. Why? IS she trying to butter him up so she can be with him again or he will want to be with her again? I just don't get why she is still milking this for publicity!? She needs to **** off and get some damn therapy of her own! Stop worrying about a abusive, hot-tempered person! He has his mama for that if he needs someone to tell him to get help, you stupid ass b i t ch! Damn!

Mallory

Poor girl isn't seeing the big picture. He may need help, but he is still an arrogant ass and is not at a point yet where he will change.

laura

no talent whatsoever. still sucks even with auto tune;

Rose

He deserve to be in jail not only Probation . Help Him Please !! yeah sure hahahaahahahah...
Get real Rihanna

melissa

She is such an idiot! I am so sick and tired of hearing this woman cry and pull the "feel sorry for me card... I want you back Chris" act. Shut the heck up already Rihanna. The only one who needs help is your crazy self. He BEAT the breaks off of you!!! He is a new relationship! GET OVER HIM and MOVE ON AND SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melissa

jay

That was a real moment. That's a woman whom is still in love with that man. Unfortunately you can't erase what happened. Until He (Chris) stops running from this and shows true remorse, he will forever be hated by the people. He needs to stop acting like a victim!! You beat a woman, and that's a no no..

rosemarie lopez

Everyone is saying Chris Brown is a monster. What about Floyd Maryweather, or Chad Johnson? Chris made that mistake said sorry did what the courts ask him. Its not like he kept going on a girl hitting spree.

Aussie

shut your hole tramp

DaveT

Fake tears, Rihanna isn't a victim, she's notorious for having a quick temper and being controlling and losing it on people.
And it's very common for abusive women to mix their victim-script up with some martyr-script, pretending to be the caring soul who only wants to "help" the person they *claim* abused them.
Cry me a river.

Aussie

Oh, and tell Chris to shut his hole as well .... tired of hearing about all your crap, and all his crap, and both of you causing a whole lot of crap. Both of you, go away.

Iman

first of all laying your hands on ANYONE is not a good thing but , I think she says that cause right now she still wants him back and that's a plead to people to forgive him . so they can go back out in public together , because he wants her deep down . Look what happened with him and drake . Drake sends a note on a napkin saying "i'm ****ing the love of your life " That wouldn't have pissed him off so bad if he didn't love her . I believe they still see eachother , He was at her bday . party a couple months ago even though he got a women when he makes love to her he's thinking of her . :)

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

This stupid wankkkker and that crack daddy Brown are nothing but ghettotrash. Any woman who would cry over a thug who beat the shiiiite out of her deserves another beating from the ghettoman. Stupid rapping thuggery, 10 years from now no one will know these people's names anymore.

Ben

"It was a weird, confusing space to be in ... because as angry as I was, as angry and hurt and betrayed, I just felt like he made that mistake because he needed help ... and who's going to help him?""

That is NOT your problem. If he gets help or don't get help YOUR safety is all that matters and your NOT safe anywhere near him. Move On! Cemetery is FULL of woman who thought they could Help, Change and Love a man who hits them.