« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Fred Durst

I Was NOT Booted From

WWE For Flipping the Bird

8/20/2012 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0820_fred_durst_01
Fred Durst DID NOT get kicked out of WWE's SummerSlam last night for giving the middle finger to the camera, despite reports to the contrary ... in fact, the real reason he left the main arena was to apologize to the producers.

The web has been blowing up this morning with reports that Durst was hauled out of the Staples Center in L.A. Sunday night because he flipped off the camera during the broadcast (above) ... a big no, no on a family friendly show.

A rep for the WWE tells TMZ ... the reports are 100% FALSE. The "Limp Bizkit" frontman didn't get the boot, he just felt so bad following the incident, he immediately went backstage to apologize for his actions.

The rep notes, "We appreciate Fred’s apology.  However, we take our family-friendly environment very seriously and this was a violation of that.  We sincerely apologize to our fans.”

Not only did Durst peace out early to apologize ... he claims he also wanted to beat the legendary L.A. traffic following the show. Durst tweeted,  "I was leaving to beat the traffic! Haha, security escorting me out?? WWE is family. hahaha. Is this really a rumor? Amazing. My boys at WWE are cracking up! Note -- never leave early to beat traffic!”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Kobe_No_Means_No

Old dudes flippin' birds = gross.

DON4772

Grumpy old man.

No Name

Limp Bizkit not broken up but when fred durst young money entertainment aka lil wayne joined? Limp Bizkit lose originality and they change, in old times when start they make nu metal? they love music they love fans; not for money! I miss old limp bizkit !

TheMachine1

Douchebag

OrlyHarvey

Well goes to show... its my way or the highwayyyyyyy

looks like he went highway...

DaveT

Bahaha yeah 'cause kids don't see the middle finger every day in school :D
Jealous haters always trying to kick Fred Durst's legs out from under him.
The man can sing, too, was excellent in his cover of Behind Blue Eyes.
....no one knows what it's liiiiike....

Double R

All I see is Maria Menounos in the background. What finger???

LDB

Too old to still be acting like that

Bridget

I'm surprised he didn't claim he messed around with one of the producers. Or say that he didn't feel good. Not feeling good was his prime excuse for bailing on other artists from what I've heard.

the_truth_hurts

WHO?
maybe Im too old to give a $#!T anymore about these over paid little pukes

joerega

He's still relevant?

PJ

If the only perks you get are floor seats to a wrasslin' match, I'd say your time in the spotlight is over Fredrick

Bobby

"You kids get off of my lawn !"
Old coot used to be something......in the 90's.

jeff

So "Stone Cold" Steve Austin can flip double birds for years and they're mad at fred durst for goofing around? What hypocrites. wwe is all talk with little wrestling. I hate the male soap opera angle in today's wrestling. Flair VS Bruiser Brody is when wrestling was alot cooler than nowadays. AND BLOODIER!

Nvts