Tony Scott Suicide

NO Brain Cancer

8/20/2012 4:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0820_tony_scott_tmz_Article_3Tony Scott did NOT have inoperable brain cancer, or for that matter brain cancer at all  ... this according to Scott's family.

TMZ has learned ... Scott's wife told investigators the rumor that Tony had inoperable brain cancer is "absolutely false."

Although the autopsy results have been deferred pending more tests, our sources say there is no evidence of brain cancer.

What's more ... we're told Scott's wife says Tony did not have any other severe medical issues that would have caused him to take his own life.

Jared

Maybe it was just me but did anyone else think it was poor taste to flash the online story of his death right next to an ad for the TMZ Tour containing the tag "a bigger splash than sea world" on tmz live today?

Jared

Maybe it was just me but did anyone else think it was poor taste to flash the online story of his death right next to an add for the TMZ Tour containing the tag "a bigger splash than sea world?"

Luv

Feel sad about this. We don't know this man's thoughts. Comfort to his family...please.

OhWell

His Biggest
Hit To Date.

Luv

Perhaps TMZ should have taken time for a report from his doctor and not from his family. I'm not sure if I would tell my family immediately if I had inoperable cancer.

JW

That's strange. I could understand killing yourself if your health is failing or has failed. But this guy had a lot in life. A puzzle.

christy

you must be mistaken! oh god. if he did not have brain cancer, let alone any life threatening health issues, then WHY,WHY? Was ther something wrong in his thinking? OMG, why would he do thaT, and in that dramatic fasion in front of so many witness's? omg i hope the autopsy gets some answers for this poor family, what an awful situation

Deana

Idk but other news sources are standing by their story. I find it hard to believe close people to him would say he had bring cancer when he does not. Maybe he's wife didn't know. Or maybe she does? Who knows. Until I see prof he didn't I still believe the sources.

Cassy

"Tony did not have any other severe medical issues" -- other than DEPRESSION!!!

Elizabeth

Very sad about Tony, he couldn't handle whatever was going on in his life, very sad for his loved ones that he left behind!

Mandy

The whole incident is really sad :( Suicide is never the answer!

Sincerity

I'd rather wait for the "OFFICIAL" results of an autopsy. Even then, the "WHOLE TRUTH" may not be made public. So many things may have prompted this man to take his life and ONLY "GOD" CAN JUDGE HIM!!! MAY HE REST IN PEACE!!!

hoopee

LIFE MADE FOR MOVIE!

Prissydag

But I bet he was taking Ambien or something close....makes people suicidal.

Bob Dobbs

yeah right . she just doesn't want his un-savory medical information made public ...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments