Wayne Brady

Sorry for Trig Palin Joke

8/20/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

082012_wayne_brady_launchWayne Brady says he takes "full responsibility" for using Trig Palin and his Down Syndrome as a punchline at the "Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne" ... insisting "no malice or harm was meant."

Brady has been taking some serious heat for the past week ... over a joke in which he says Sarah Palin hates Jeff Ross because he reminds her of "what Trig is going to look like when he's 40."

Wayne issued a statement on Facebook in which he says he didn't write the Jeff joke but explains, "At the end of the day I take full responsibility for saying it."

He adds, "I could defend it as a performer, but I would rather apologize from the bottom of my heart as a father."

"To the Palins, please know that no malice or harm was meant. To the other families who were touched negatively, I hope you'll be able to accept this apology as well.
"

Brady was at LAX this weekend ... and told us, "It's a roast, but there are people with sensitivities ... and some people were bothered."

081312_brady_roast

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Rebecca

This is my thing....I made a comment about me laughing at this joke and I have a special needs child. Why? cuz it's true. I do wonder what's gonna happen to my son when he is an adult. Will he be able to have a "normal" life and live in peace? or am I gonna have to worry about his living arrangement when I die? Does it make me a bad person to have laughed because I didn't find it offensive?

Sloane

pathetic!
do you think that if Clinton or Obama had a child with Downs Syndrome the liberals would think it a punch line?
no way- I'm an Independent and I'm getting fed up!
leave this child alone...and leave his family alone to love and raise him

sidithers

To littel to late
Havent watched LMAD since and wont till this annoying man is fired

Brid

Sorry! I meant to say 'Let's Make a Deal".

Brid

Wayne, you have lost a fan here! I think you're disgusting, and an excuse for a human being. So, you can't even write your own jokes - idiot!!

Louisw123

Wayne, you were one lof my favorite comedians. I guess you think its ok because you are one of the hollywood elite and figure you can't be touched even when making incredibly inhuman remarks like that. Would you feel the same about retarded and DS children if your own children were unfortunate enough to be born with this condition? Just another polital dig at the right. Hey, why not? It's the cool thing to do right? And your peers will be proud of you. You really need to look at yourself and re-evaluate what is important. Just remember karma is a bitch. And you my friend just slapped karma in the face.

Peter Burbank

The kid off-limits ... But Sarah Palin is still a Pig!

Dianne

I believe the joke was wrong. I also believe the apology was sincere and should be accepted. I have no idea who this comic is, actually, but I think that as a human being, he has learned something from his mistake. My son has autism and I have been hurt many times by ugly jokes and remarks, but I have learned to appreciate when someone who has said something hurtful has the decency to acknowledge it and apologize. My life is better because I can forgive people, and pray that when I am the one who makes a mistake, I will also be forgiven.

Betty

I used to like Wayne Brady but between his appearance with Andy Cohen last night and hearing this disgusting and insensitive comment about this child, I will not watch him or listen to a thing he has to say!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5