« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MIchael Strahan

To Join "Live"

With Kelly Ripa

8/21/2012 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0821_strahan_artMichael Strahan was picked to partner with Kelly Ripa on her morning syndicated show ... this according to staffers at ABC in New York City.

Several staffers told TMZ ... the talk in the building is that Strahan -- who played in the NFL and won a Super Bowl ring -- will be announced as the co-host.

Strahan's rep was seen outside the building on 67th and Columbus a short time ago grinning from ear to ear.

Strahan tried out for the gig in June and apparently impressed the suits.

BTW ... Strahan is 6'5" ... Kelly is 5'3".  Dancing should be fun.

We got Strahan out a few weeks ago, joking about Tim Tebow getting laid -- he's a pretty funny guy ... so we gotta ask ...

082112_strahan_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Fibb

this show is seriously over, but all it needs now is a stupid N@gger to ruin it even more..

seagullspyrobot

to say anyone is better than Regis at this point would be disrespectful. he is an original no one can really replace him. but this guy seems like a good fit. a big huggy bear and good energy.

I luv u RPattz!

That old, annoying hag is still on tv?

Ray

I may not know what I am talking about, but i am not blind and I sure believe Pam Tebow I am a resident of Jacksonville Florida and live a few miles from the Tebows--According ti my eyes and Mrs Tebow Tim Tebow is very close to a former Miss america contestant . And does not know the lady Kathleen was refering to. What Be It !!!!

Kate08

Seth Myers x100000000 votes. He is so funny with Kelly. Strayhan is ok with the sports, but I don't give a flying football/baseball/basketball/tennis ball/golf ball/racket ball/handball/volleyball/polo ball/soft ball/. I love funny anecdotes and humor off the cuff. Kelly and Seth play well off of each other. While I like strayhan, I will not promise to be faithful anymore. I enjoy NPH but he's too busy. Perhaps a 2 co-host when each has time. Think outside the box Gelman !

E

Heather

Very good choice...

Pam

If Michael is going to be "live" five day's a week, he really should consider getting that space between his two front teeth corrected. I see it done all the time and it is a terrific improvement! Not playing football anymore!

Big D

Good choice if it goes through, you can't help but like Michael Strahan

Canadian Thoughts

Hello TMZ,
Any ideas what the new name for "Live with Kelly" will be? We like Michael here, and from what we've seen, he's a real gentleman (just wondering if he's 'live' ly enough beside Kelly??). Again, great guy and we wish him all the best. Congrats Michael & Live....
- Canadian Thoughts & Comments

maureen

Hate it will not watch this show anymore

Canadian Thoughts

Any ideas what the new name for "Live with Kelly" will be? We like Michael here, and from what we've seen, he's a real gentleman (just wondering if he's 'live' ly enough to sit beside Kelly??). Again, great guy and we wish him all the best. Congrats Michael & Live....
- Canadian Thoughts

Jay W.

Like Strahan... though I don't believe it was a good choice.

Nancy

You nailed it. She is so predictable.

Dennis Johnson

I give the show may-be one year.

jokerchick

can he fix that mile wide gap? can't tolerate gaps and lispy people