Tony Scott

Death Video

Being Shopped

8/21/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0820_tony_scott_tmz_Article_1
Tony Scott's fatal leap off an L.A. bridge was captured on tape by multiple cameras ... one showing Tony crouched the moment he began to jump ... and TMZ has learned the shots are being vigorously shopped around ... for a price.

Multiple people reached for their cell phone cameras when they noticed a man climbing over a fence on the Vincent Thomas Bridge in San Pedro in the middle of the day ... and continued to roll as he jumped off and plummeted to his death.

Some people took photos ... some recorded video. The footage was also captured by a surveillance camera from a nearby business.

TMZ has seen the footage ... but we did not purchase the material. It's unclear if another media outlet has taken the bait.

Mag

I wonder how many of them used their phones to call 911.....or were they toooo busy filming a man jumping???

hannah

I THINK THAT THE PEOPLE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO TAKE PICTURES AND FILM A DESPERATE MAN IN NEED. SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. YOU SHOULD HAVE TRIED TO HELP HIM NOT FILM HIM. I HOPE THAT NONE OF YOU SELL ANYTHING THAT YOU FILMED. TO THE FAMILY SORRY FOR THE IGNORANCE AND LACK OF COMPASSION OF PEOPLE. MAY GOD COMFORT/STRENGTHEN/ AND GIVE YOU PEACE DURING THE LOSS OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBER. YOUR IN THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

Crystal Collins

It is a very sad world that instead of talking to teh Man out of Jumping, or helping him people would rather Video this man's Death and then profit from it. People truely are disgusting, and Thank you very much TMZ for not purchasing that video!

Andrew

Well Done on your principles TMZ. I wont be searching out the video or photos - it is disgusting to make money from a persons situation as desperate as that.

MK777

What a sick world we live in that people could just stand there with their phones and record something like this. Stunt guy my arse. Older guy jumping off a bridge, what do you THINK he was doing, people? Poor man. His family is devastated enough already. The last thing they need is to see it happening on the news on every channel and online.

JustJenna

Proud of you, TMZ, for refusing to buy this. Taking the moral high ground for once - I like it. Much respect.

rita

Those videos and pictures of this sad incident should be turned over to the police. That stuff is part of the investigation. They should not be selling it, I wish the police would confiscate all of that stuff.

McBain

Shocked TMZ did not buy it.

evangeline29

I don't know why I am shocked. I should know in this day and age there is no privacy anywhere. Glad TMZ did not purchase the video.

Gart Williams

"let's get this on one take only....roll cameras...O.K. Tony, one shot at a big splash"

Gart Williams

"OK Tony, let's get this on take one...rolling cameras..."

Yup

This is a perfect example of how low, how base, how disgusting our "celebrity centered" culture has become; any assh*le who films something wants to get rich & famous by selling it. I hope it doesn't sell...

Seeking Aletheia

That's the YouTube generation. Video someone ending their lives rather than see if you can do something to save a life.

Kase

Who the hell is Tony Scott!

christi

makes me sad to know that people would grab a phone instead of running ova to try to stop him.....