Al Roker

Search & Destroy Mission

Against 'Today' Show

8/23/2012 7:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

082312_roker_today

Al Roker is doing everything he can to undermine the "Today" show ... trashing the anchors, sabotaging live moments ... and it seems to be a part of a plan to avenge the firing of his bestest friend in the world, Ann Curry.

Roker went on the offensive again this morning ... trying to fire off another zinger at Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie during a live segment ... but this time the quip was more of a misfire.

Al was trying to explain why he pulled a weird frozen face for 17 confusing seconds during a live segment last week ... and when Savannah tried to joke about Roker being a perfect fit for a wax museum, Al shot back ... "We ARE in a wax museum, so it all works out pretty well."

Not funny, but it's obvious Al -- who is SUPER TIGHT with Ann -- is so desperate to rip the show ... he's firing off zingers, even if they don't really zing.

It's just the latest in a string of anti-Lauer behavior, which began after Matt railroaded Ann Curry off the show simply because he didn't like her. Last week, Roker accused his colleagues of throwing people "under the bus."

So, we gotta ask ...

texasbyrd

You go Al, Matt Lauer is a CHEAP male chauvinist. I can't stand him with is holier than thou attitude. He needs to be fired if they want the ratings to come up.

pam

yea Go to GMA or anyof them, I do not watch, I find them all boring.

pl

Alert-Al just frowned! that's a subliminal message that he's angry & out for revenge. oh no-now he coughed! that means he's sick of the show & matt. Al's not stupid & is not sabotaging anything. He knows he has a good job. no one knows what went on with lauer and his bosses except them. it amazes me how all these people think they have the inside scoop just because they can read things online and comment. i like the show & i'll keep watching. can't stand robin & george

linda

matt lauer is a pompus ass!!!!!

Carl

Can you at least try to explain how that comment is related to the Ann Curry thing? I believe that Al is pissed off and the other comment was about her, but don't try to create something where it isn't.

Amber

I ahve never really cared for Al, but boy he is really making me come around!!! LOL Still will never watch the Today again until Matt Lauer is Gone!

WillOTheWisp

Ha-ha-ha... I actually thought it was funny. That sk ank with the green dress on kept turning her back on Al....which says a lot about her and that skirt chasing Matt.

texaschickeee

Matt should have been the one to leave. He came from nowhere and it is all is ego now. Savannah needs to watch HER back. Once Matt is tired of banging her she will be gone too, That karma thing.
and lastly I am happy Al has the balls to zing them and go for what is right. Matt- I hope your contract doesn't get fulfilled and you get packing soon. (3 weeks is too long)

whatsup

You go Al!!! Keep up the good work!

Celebrities Suck

Al Roker is the only one I really like. The rest of them are just nbc puppets.

MaryD

I think its pretty hilarious what he's doing-- I'd do the same for my friends.

Mulholland Drive

Al's got more clout and integrity, and reason to be on Today than Matt Lauer. I hope he nails Lauer every chance he gets.

ManiacalZebra

He's been making stupid remarks, most not funny, for years. This is hardly new behavior.

Beth

I don't see anything so special about Matt Lauer.

Meme

Tee hee. Has something inappropriate happened between Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie? It would explain Roker's response when Guthrie is dancing with Lauer and then says "like they say in Catholic school...you have to leave room for the Holy Ghost"......There must be some unholy goings on there