« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

Stripped of ALL

Tour De France Wins

8/24/2012 9:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0824_lance_armstrong_01
Lance Armstrong is no longer a Tour de France champion ... the cyclist has been STRIPPED of his seven titles in the wake of allegations that he used banned performance-enhancers.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency made the announcement this morning ... Armstrong will not only lose his victories, he has also been banned from the sport of cycling for life.

Armstrong has adamantly denied the allegations ... claiming the testing process is "one-sided and unfair."

Lance released a statement responding to a USADA official yesterday saying, "There is zero physical evidence to support his outlandish and heinous claims."

"The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of controls I have passed with flying colors. I made myself available around the clock and around the world. In-competition. Out of competition. Blood. Urine. Whatever they asked for I provided. What is the point of all this testing if, in the end, USADA will not stand by it?"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

jayman419

Yes, Lance Armstrong declined to have samples from the 90s retested to prove his innocence. That may seem like an admission of guilt.

But before you use that to say "Oh he's obviously guitly" ... ask yourself.

Would you want *anything* of yours, 20 years old at this point, to be brought up to determine your future? Would you want even a high school history report to come to light today?

And added to that... it's not just a paper that you wrote 20 years ago. It's a biological sample that has been out of your sight and out of your mind, contained and secured by people that you don't trust with a potato gun.

Did he make the wrong choice? I don't think so. This is simply a witch hunt. They want to bring down the greatest rider in cycling, because his whims (I retire! No, I'll be back!) have too much influence on their industry.

Randy

They just cant stand having someone win that many races without being on drugs. I still dont know how much power the us-anti-doping people have. It would seem that only the Tour de France can take his accomplishments away from him. I doubt this is the last we hear of this.

MyJadedHeart

People, wake up! The USADA does NOT have the right nor the authority to strip Lance of ANY title nor to ban him from cycling. The titles can only be taken from him by the country that gave it to him. The man has been available to the USADA and has given them countless blood and urine tests, yet they still have no POSITIVE tests. Not ONE! The man is not guilty! If he was the proof would be there.

Graycat

Apart from the fact it's an ICU event not an USADA one so they have no authority over it ......

Jay v

Is it that hard to believe Armstrong would cheat? This guy has no class. His wife stood by his side during his battle with cancer, and the first thing he does once he's recovered, is CHEAT on her...

people_never_change

Why can't someone just be good at something

rash on my ass

this is funny watch lmao http://youtu.be/GUgNP0v228Y

Sandie

If he was innocent he would fight on!... Why would an American anti drug agency be after him unless they had the evidence!.. They had a number of other riders from the American team ready to come forward to give evidence against him!... I think he finally knew his number was up!.... I hope now they show what the evidence was.... Because I believe if they have taken away all his wins they HAVE to show why!... An innocent man would FIGHT on!!!!!!!

TJ741

I could understand if by giving up he just had to quit the sport & retire, but I don't understand his willingness to give up his awards and endorsements

Miki

Got tired of fighting. Proven himself over and over again, but to the hell with proof.

M Van Meter

What a bunch of BS...I am in total agreement with Laird Hamilton on this subject...He earned every one of those wins and it's a disgrace that they would strip him of them.
So disappointed for him!!!!!!

molikins

I find this funny The US stripped him of a FRENCH title?? Hello?? We only think we run the world.

molikins

people, the US can not take away his FRENCH titles. this is BS. They are just a--holes.

Angry Voter

I'm upset that they just harrassed Lance!! It was a witch hunt and they wouldn't leave him alone!

Strip this!!!!

I will not watch cycling as a result of this witch hunt and will support Lance 100%. This was very unfair. Why don't you go through history and strip all the other winners, 2nd runner up, 3rd and etc. THIS IS WRONG!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13