« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

Stripped of ALL

Tour De France Wins

8/24/2012 9:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0824_lance_armstrong_01
Lance Armstrong is no longer a Tour de France champion ... the cyclist has been STRIPPED of his seven titles in the wake of allegations that he used banned performance-enhancers.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency made the announcement this morning ... Armstrong will not only lose his victories, he has also been banned from the sport of cycling for life.

Armstrong has adamantly denied the allegations ... claiming the testing process is "one-sided and unfair."

Lance released a statement responding to a USADA official yesterday saying, "There is zero physical evidence to support his outlandish and heinous claims."

"The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of controls I have passed with flying colors. I made myself available around the clock and around the world. In-competition. Out of competition. Blood. Urine. Whatever they asked for I provided. What is the point of all this testing if, in the end, USADA will not stand by it?"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mr. Clean

Who knows if he did it or not. I don't. All I know is the USADA tested him and he passed. Now, potentially they have witnesses. Who cares though? He passed your tests. Go away.

Who Knew

Witch hunt. Don't blame Lance for stopping the fight. It cost a lot of $$$$ to keep paying lawyers to defend yourself even if you did not do it.

Mike44090

You wont see me buying 'FRENCH FRIES' anymore. It's 'FREEDOM FRIES' all the way in my home. You hear that Ore-Ida!!!

TiffC

See Lance. You should have paid for that coffee at Starbucks.

Karma biach!

Sabrina

No one can take away the fact that Lance Armstrong is the great cyclist ever. I dont believe the accusations and i think they are just trying to break him down. The USA supports Lance and we know some people will stop at nothing to take your glory.
Live strong

joe

ADIOS! Cheater and liar...............

pat

My opinion is that he did dope. I believe that all of the winners of the Tour de France doped.

What I will give him though is that he won it 7 times. And even doped, that couldn't have been easy. As far as all dopers are concerned, he was the best one.

Krispy Krentcil

Most people don't understand how steroid cycles are done - you cycle them so they are not in your system when testing is done. it's not like a DUI where the results are obvious...or how THC lingers very long in the body. Like they say cocaine is out of your system in 3 days, well if your tested on the fourth day...you are clean. In actuality, you really have to be a buffoon to get a dirty test...

I read somewhere that this guy was prescribed CLENBUTEROL for "asthma" if that is true well it clears up quite a few questions... although not a steroid it provides endurance, preserves muscle mass and burns fat as energy...awesome stuff...again you cycle it and the half-life is well known...

Phreaky

Absolutely ridiculous - USADA is pathetic. WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE THOUSANDS OF BLOOD/URINE SAMPLES YOU HAVE TAKEN FROM THIS MAN THAT ALL TESTED NEGATIVE?

Texas-Writer

USADA has been humiliated numerous times in court, so they set out to continue their "persecution" until Lance runs out of money to defend himself.

USADA had to pursue it to justify their continued existence.

After years they still have no explanation for how they could test him over 500 times and not get a single failed test.

How could they catch damn near every other elite cyclist and not get anything but rumors to accuse Lance?

They are an embarrassment and should have their funding pulled.

John

Where is the proof? no one can do 500 blood transfusions... jesus his doctors would not be able to get that much blood without some serious reviews.. even over time... blood is in very short supply and the risk is way to high in catching anything..

They say cancer uses blood stream to travel but have no proof that it can cause cancer but how about having 500 transfusions..

Toilethead

I want to know what kind of evidence they have. It must be pretty damn strong to take this kind of action.

Mike L

I don't see how the USADA has the authority to strip him of anything. The race isn't even in the US. Besides that, he's passed every single drug test. Something isn't Kosher or we aren't getting the full story. Looks like the USADA, or somebody working for them, has a vedetta against him.

Michael

What many of you don't realize is he did fail more than one test and was caught using a banned substance. ALSO he failed and refused to take a test when a tester from the WADA approached him. He then went inside for an hour and a half and took a shower only to come out later and take the test. Refusal is a fail according to the UCI and WADA. S while everyone believes him this superhuman guy, he is a doper.

Also, they have NUMEROUS witnesses who have admitted to not only getting drugs from him, but admitting they took the drugs as well. Big names that everyone believes and are 100% credible.

He was screwed if it went to court. This was his only choice honestly. And I for one, am a cyclist and work in the bicycle industry. We all knew he doped. And it was great for business for a while. But at the same time, this will massively hurt our business. But I am thrilled this happened. I want a clean sport. I hope this helps.

pat

He and his handlers were masters at not being detected. When you understand how doping works in the system, you notice that testing clean can de achieved on certain days.

The agency has his DNA and one day a test will be developed that will show beyong the shadow of a doubt that he did dope. It might even take ten years but a test will come out eventually.