« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

Stripped of ALL

Tour De France Wins

8/24/2012 9:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0824_lance_armstrong_01
Lance Armstrong is no longer a Tour de France champion ... the cyclist has been STRIPPED of his seven titles in the wake of allegations that he used banned performance-enhancers.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency made the announcement this morning ... Armstrong will not only lose his victories, he has also been banned from the sport of cycling for life.

Armstrong has adamantly denied the allegations ... claiming the testing process is "one-sided and unfair."

Lance released a statement responding to a USADA official yesterday saying, "There is zero physical evidence to support his outlandish and heinous claims."

"The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of controls I have passed with flying colors. I made myself available around the clock and around the world. In-competition. Out of competition. Blood. Urine. Whatever they asked for I provided. What is the point of all this testing if, in the end, USADA will not stand by it?"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mike

Hero worship is pathetic. The evidence against him is overwhelming and will all be coming out before long. He cheated on his wife, lied repeatedly about PEDs, built his fame and fortune on lies, slandered his accusers and now hides behind his foundation because he knows he would have to perjure himself in court and would lose because he is guilty.

Bluezzy

This whole thing is ridiculous the USDA has no authority to do anything! Any evidence they have is hearsay from a bunch of loser has-beens that are just straight up jealous just like the French. I mean realistically who in their right mind would take that many chances of discrediting their previous wins? If it was that simple to just wait till these drugs were out of your system before submitting urine and blood tests, why weren’t others doing the same thing. Choosing not to go into arbitration is not an admission of guilt as some would like to believe, it is simply not wanting to continue this witch hunt! Travis Tygan is an egotistical ass trying to make a name for himself! He is sure to become infamous, he is probably already the most hated man in America! I propose we start a witch hunt on him and flood him with e-mails and force him into resignation! As far as I am concerned Lance Armstrong has cheated only one thing and that is death!

Morticia Cowghoul

HAHAHAHAH. GOOD. Maybe that will start to discourage all the Lance Wanna-bes all over the streets here in Austin Texas in their fancy little spandex outfits just begging to get hit by a car. I'm all for cycling for the environment, for health or just for fun, but these fuktards look like clowns in their "I'm pretending to be sponsored in my shiny clown spandex outfit just like Lance so I can run the red light on my bike".

YouDontSay

What a tar and feather outfit. He PASSED all testing. What a disgrace the Anti Doping Agency. They should all be thoroughly investigated.

Porsche Bill

BLUEZZY has it exactly right!

"As far as I am concerned Lance Armstrong has cheated only one thing and that is death!

The USADA has got to go.

Mike

The US Anti Doping Agency doesnt have the authority to strip his wins. Also, every time they've brought 'formal charges', Lance won in court. They just keep bringing up the very same charges, citing new evidence. They've got a hard-on for him that won't let pesky little things like statutes of limitations, rules of evidence, or 100% track record of losing in court get in the way of. He didn't admit to their repetition of the sames charges he's fought off and won for years, he just finally said that he's no longer going to deal with these fools.

tamara

Why do they keep going after him if he's passed the tests showing he doesn't dope? I don't blame him if he gives up....this just isn't right. Seems they're going more on hearsay than actual medical tests.

jim h

The last statement of another article I've recently read stated ..."He had a right to contest the charges," WADA President John Fahey said after Armstrong's announcement. "He chose not to. The simple fact is that his refusal to examine the evidence means the charges had substance in them."... shows how ignorant some people can be. John Fahley's concluding statement does not make logical sense. If the USADA's 'chief executive' Tygart is permitted to continue this kind of invalidated pursuit, USADA should be severely restructured starting with a 'removal of Tygart's title'.

DaveT

How do you say F-ck You in French?

Tracy

I really don't know the answer to this. My gut tells me no because how can anyone get away with it and test clean as many times and for as many hears as he did. So, if he's a cheater and a liar, he's the best damn cheater and liar in what is a huge field of cheater and liars. Doping is, in fact, epidemic in the sport of cycling. So, if they're all doing, then no one has a leg up, they're on an even playing field, and he's still the best there ever was. So, suck it USADA. The thought of him losing his jerseys makes me sick, guilty or not.

Liz

Armstrong has NEVER failed a doping test he correct the USADA is on a witch hunt nothing more.

Fred

Been a huge fan of the Tour since the mid 80’s and a big fan of Armstrong, enjoying each of his victories. I believe without a doubt he doped, but then so did most of the tour in those days. Not that this is an excuse, just the way the tour worked (and still does to a lesser degree). Lance was certainly targeted but what do you expect when you win 7 titles and make millions of dollars a year in endorsements, you are inviting it. I think if he had won just one or two tours and been a little less visible my guess is nobody would have been interested in going after him. BTW, for those who say he never failed a test, not accurate, he has indeed failed tests, he just has a good enough team around him to get the results nullified for technical reasons. Sad day, but I will still always have my memories of those victories regardless.

Sue

No one knows for sure except Lance but there sure is a lot of money involved if you win.

janik

He cheated. You people can't face the truth.

Mat Kapalaran

leave the man alone. he passed a trillion tests. is this were our money is going to usada. we still got homeless people, school that needs money.