« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

Stripped of ALL

Tour De France Wins

8/24/2012 9:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0824_lance_armstrong_01
Lance Armstrong is no longer a Tour de France champion ... the cyclist has been STRIPPED of his seven titles in the wake of allegations that he used banned performance-enhancers.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency made the announcement this morning ... Armstrong will not only lose his victories, he has also been banned from the sport of cycling for life.

Armstrong has adamantly denied the allegations ... claiming the testing process is "one-sided and unfair."

Lance released a statement responding to a USADA official yesterday saying, "There is zero physical evidence to support his outlandish and heinous claims."

"The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of controls I have passed with flying colors. I made myself available around the clock and around the world. In-competition. Out of competition. Blood. Urine. Whatever they asked for I provided. What is the point of all this testing if, in the end, USADA will not stand by it?"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mat Kapalaran

leave the man alone. he passed a trillion tests. is this were our money is going to usada. we still got homeless people, school that needs money.

viewzim

That guy got some ball thinking he could get away with cheating!

tucker

The French can't stand to lose to an American at their own game. Poor sports. We all know who won, no matter what.

Luna

I like how everyone is saying he is innocent. If this was a black athlete like Serena williams you'd all be saying guilty. But because it's good boy image lance Armstrong you all cannot accept he is doper.

David

Great humanitarian - yes. Doper? Absolutely possible. Everyone was doped on that team.

I find it odd that he has been fighting this for years, but gives up with just a few more months to go.

The jealous teammates/France hates America scenarios don't hold up...

Kathy

I'm wondering why he would just give in if he really didn't dope up... No competitive athlete gives up their titles/wins when they are innocent.

nono

davet: va te faire foutre!(that's **** you in French).I'm French and je t'emmerde!(take a dictionnary).

selftaughtman

Denial is a really long river in America.

BigRedFan

IF Lance Armstrong was innocent, then WHY didn't he continue to fight??? As far as I am concerned, he is guilty by omission. AND, just like Mark McGuire, he will FOREVER be disgraced because of it. He is no role model for me or my family. What a waste.

Sue

Lance and his entourage knows the real truth. But there is a lot of money involved with being a winner. Just sayin

Wow ...

How disappointing Lance. To give up the fight, but claim innocence? It doesn't make sense. When something doesn't make sense, it usually isn't true.

I'm certain it was pure coincidence you decided to stop fighting, when they were moving forward with witnesses to testify against you. Again, very disappointing.

I applaud the work you have done for cancer though and hope you continue to do so.

kiwigirl

Disgusting! I'd like to see any one of those people that have stripped him from his titles get on a bike an ride that many miles. Lance won those titles fair and square and it's disgusting that he's been stripped of them. He will ALWAYS be a winner in so many of our eyes and he knows in his heart he won. Give him back his titles, you've proved nothing.

Rich

And the agency has no evidence of any doping. It is a committee of fraud.

toi143

why should lance continue to pay legal fees to most people he has proven his innocence. others who are trying to convict him are jealous

oink

Just a Doper quits when they got proof. ahhaaha