Tom Cruise

Divorce Settlement

I Got Out Cheap!

8/24/2012 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0823_katie_holmes_tom_cruise_tmz_ipad
Katie Holmes
walked away with nothing other than rather modest child support in her divorce from Tom Cruise ... and we at TMZ have the breakdown.

Sources familiar with documents filed with the court tell TMZ ... Katie got no lump sum payout, which is consistent with the prenup which essentially shuts her out of Tom's $250 million fortune.

As for spousal support ... Katie got zip.

Katie will get money for child support, but it's way less than a judge could have ordered. According to the settlement, Tom must pay Katie $400,000 a year in child support. That comes to $33,333.33 a month. The money will be paid by electronic transfer.

Tom must pay Suri's support for the next 12 years -- until she turns 18. All tolled, that comes to $4.8 million.

Tom must also pay Suri's expenses, including medical, dental, insurance, education, college and extracurricular costs.

And ... both Tom and Katie agree that Suri will NOT attend a "residential school" from now through her high school years. Translation -- she can't be shipped off to boarding school -- Scientology or otherwise.

Katie could have gotten more child support under New York law if the case went to trial, but both she and Tom decided to settle quickly.

We reported early on ... Katie said she wanted nothing from Tom other than a divorce -- well that's exactly what she got.

0702_katie_tom_before_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

Dane

People..She all but escaped from that marriage. That alone says that feared for herself/daughter. Creepy he is. That said she is the mother of his child and if he an ounce of class he would have offered up something. I know its hard for some to believe, but happiness is sometimes worth more than money.

Dian

Hello every one, i just want to share a few testimony about how my marriage got saved by agbalaxy@gmail.com . I had a fight with my husband and he got mad at me and decided to bring in another woman, i know i did wrong and was scared of loosing him, when he brought in another woman to the house, i thought i have lost him already and that was when i had to use agbalaxy@gmail.com spell and i was amazed the way the spell turned the table around and made my husband start chasing me and want to be with me again. am so happy now that my husband is back to me and me alone........Kim

anitaakensolor

My boyfriend and I were in love for 3 and half years and we lived together almost 2 and half year. He used to care me more than his own life. He used to love me and take care of me like a baby. Then suddenly he started to act wired since january and broke up with me in two week back saying he has a new girl friend. But again he started to come back to me 6 days but But finally on the 7 day I figured out he was sleeping with that girl and me at the same time. That girl is known as a very bad girl and my boy friend knows that but still he is with her. That's little unusual for him. It almost feels like someone did something to him. Then I met prophetharry@ymail.com on internet and I told him everything. First he asked me for my boyfriend photograph then he advised me some remedies and with in 4 days my boyfriend come back to me and first time he said sorry to me. I am very happy now
anita

Jayn Cameron

Of course he's not paying her, but she still WINS. After leaving Nicole Kidman days before their prenup kicked in with no warning, I can't believe she even married the jerk. WTG Katie and Suri.

Jayn Cameron

Katie WINS! She got out . After the way he treated Nicole Kidman, I was amazed she married him in the first place.

August

In other words....THIS WAS NOT A MARRIAGE!

nicholas

Hankering for Florida no-court Divorce services! It is really inexpensive divorce. It also Legal Do***ent Preparation Services works with clients all over Florida.

BoredAgain