Tim Allen

Voice of Chevy

... Drives a Jaguar

8/27/2012 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

082712_tim_allen_launch
Tim Allen has been the voice of Chevy for the past two years ... but last night, he took his wife out for dinner in a Jaguar. Problem?

Now, it isn't a NEW Jag ... it's a classic E-Type model from back in the '60s.

On his way out of Katsuya in Hollywood, Allen joked, "I ordered it new, it just takes a while to get here."

Fun Fact -- We also asked Allen if he still talks to his old "Home Improvement" co-star Jonathan Taylor Thomas ... and not only are they still friendly, but Allen says JTT is shadowing the director on Tim's new sitcom, "Last Man Standing."

Jordan

Did you hohnestly beleive Tim Allen would be caught dead driving a chevey that would be like Jennifer Lopez Driving Casper Smart in a Fiat.

Maverick

I've seen Mike Rowe -- the voice of Ford -- being driven around L.A. in a Chevy Suburban.

tom-London Ontario Canada

I met Tim, and seen his collection. He is a gear head just like me. I have seen Lenos collection too. A true car guy likes all makes ad models. For all the Tim haters your just jealous. He is a great guy. a Philanthropist,Gear Head,Actor,Comedian,and so much more. Just be happy for a good person once.RRR

MorePower

NocturnalDirtPeople

I thought the voice for chevy was that dude from numbers.

Uh

Wonder how much TMZ was paid for the plug??

Jim D

More importantly, is that person in the background not wearing any pants or is that skirt about the width of a belt?!

SSinOC

Looks like he stalled it after doing the U-ey. :)

SoWhat

Why is this considered news, even on here? Tim Allen is a car guy and has lots of cars. He may be the voice of Chevy but that doesn't mean that he can only own and drive a chevy.

EastCoastChopper

Tim = Dewsh

Liz

Yep. We've seen JTT several times at the LMS tapings. I barely recognized him because his hair is dark and he wears a baseball cap. Probably didn't want people knowing he was there?

Meme

Buy American. Stop buying foreign merchandise and sending your money overseas so that they can give it back to us in the form of bullets and bombs.

Mcluvin69

Guys the older jags have a chevy engine duh

Chris

Not really a big deal... This guy is a car lover and has a few nice choice rides.

tara

Tim has a TON of cars. He has everything from old to new. He can still own a jag

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments