Kelly Rutherford

DEVASTATED

By Custody Ruling

8/28/2012 5:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0828_kelly_rutherford_custody_article_tmz_2"Gossip Girl" star Kelly Rutherford just suffered an enormous loss in family court ... a judge just ruled her ex-husband can keep their 2 kids in France, where he is living ... and sources say shes "devastated."

Kelly was fighting to bring her kids back to the U.S.  Her ex, Daniel Giersch, lives in France and can't come back to the U.S. because his visa has been revoked.

The judge ruled Kelly has a flexible schedule and can go back and forth to France to spend time with her kids.  The court gave Kelly the right to have the children -- ages 5 and 3  -- 50% of the time.

But Kelly doesn't see it that way.  Sources tell us she believes it's virtually impossible now for her to spend meaningful time with the kids, given the enormous travel commitments that would be involved.

We're told Kelly plans to appeal the ruling.

Laurie

She's a snooty be-yotch and has made it difficult for her ex to see the kids, she kicked him to the curb while she was pregnant with the 2nd one. I think what goes around comes around and good for him

happypat35

She couldn't see through her hatred of her ex that she would end up with the short end of the stick. Revoking his visa ended up hurting her.

WTF

Do you think the dad will allow the kids to videochat or talk on the phone with their mommy? These two are fighting hard and there is no way daddy will allow further contact. And what is the guarantee he will allow her to see the kids there? I am sure she will have problems with that and to involve France's court system to reinstate her rights will be a pain in the a$$ and will take a long time. In other words, she is in very bad situation.

By the way, for those who say daddy deserves 50/50, ok if he lived in the same area. The mother carried the baby 9 months, endured labor and daddy's only participation in the baby's birth was having an orgasm. Oh, yeah and he can get the same taking a shower.

Barbara

I couldn't be happier...Karma came back to bite her mean vindictive ass :-)

ShrinkWrap

If he isn't allowed to enter the country, I don't see the problem of letting the kids live with him in France. If she got custody, everything would be on "her" terms. He probably wouldn't be able to see the kids that often. From what I understand, she is the one who had his visa revoked, so her plan backfired.

Tony Martellini

Ok let me get this straight,,,Dude can't come here,,,,yet she wants to relocate the kids to US,,because its too hard for her to travel to france? So if she gets her way,,the guy will never see his kids again,,and all for her convience?

L

Wow, that's ****ed up.

MH

Daniel's VISA was revoked because Kelly stated that he was dealing drugs and weapons in South America, which under the Victory Act is considered terrorism. The accusation was enough to revoke his visa.

texaschickeee

So who is going to pick up the air fair and hotel cost for her to go back and forth? I bet the judge NEVER thought about that. Then on to how does she get them over here for the holidays and what not. I hope that Halle does NOT get to go over there for these reasons.

Straight Talkin Texan

It sounds like he has custody. In most cases, the mother has custody, so I have to wonder WHY she doesn't have custody in the first place.

MH

Danial lost his VISA because Kelly stated on the record that Daniel was dealing drugs and weapons in South America, which under the Victory Act is considered terrorism. The accusation was enough to revoke his visa.

Miz_Fit

why does this site not work anymore

Gail

Divorced parents SHOULD each have their kids 50% of the time. He's right.

optilady

I want to know the name of the judge that made this ruling and when I find out I will repost and hope that you ALL join with me to let her know what we think about her ridiculous, unreasonable and scary ruling this person should not be on the bench !!!

Ethy Gross

what kind of judge gives children to their father, when mother is around and well. I lived the horror of such cruelty. Father is seeking revenge he won't be as good a parent children need their mother to be with them, Kelly if you can afford the fight for them fight to the end. It will be worth it in the end. I'd question judge's decision. be strong.
children need the