Robin Roberts

Leaves 'GMA' Early

'Things Happened at Home'

8/30/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robin Roberts just announced ... she will begin her medical leave from "Good Morning America" TODAY ... one day ahead of schedule ... after "some things happened at home."

Roberts -- who was recently diagnosed with MDS -- had originally planned to stay through tomorrow before leaving the show to prepare for her bone marrow transplant.

But this morning, an emotional Roberts explained, "I had planned to let tomorrow be the last day ... and then some things happened at home and I wanna take care of that before I begin my treatment next week."

Country star Martina McBride performed a song for Robin ... and Roberts, with a smile on her face, tearfully sang along.

Roberts vows to return to work following the procedure.

two cents

Oh good grief! Go already. How much longer are they going to drag it out? I couldn't care less. She's beyond annoying and fake.

Truth

It's not classy at all how ABC exploits this for ratings.

Jay

Ridicuous how she and ABC are soaking her illness with everything they've got! Sorry she's ill, but thousands are dealing with the same thing, without the money and support she has. Kids die everyday of cancers, illness etc. and never even had a channce to live! I've been under Drs. care for chronic medical conditions for 16 years, at times so bad I can't even get out of bed to function, without her millions of $, it's a lot worse, believe me, she can afford the best help. Tired of hearing her cry about her illness, get over it, get treated, get well and stay away awhile, please.

Phishie from Philly

I can't wait until you come back. Hurry back. :) :) :)
Phishie from Philly

jgennaro

I wish nothing but the BEST for Ms. Roberts. My step dad lost his battle with MDS after his transplant. My heart and thoughts are with her.

Barb

I wish her the best.

David

Bye!!! And don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!!!!!! Glad not to see your ugly face anymore.

Butterfly

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND ONE OR TWO NEGATIVE COMMENTS. Ms roberts is a human being in desperate need of serious medical help. She is the daughter of a mother who loves her who secretly prays she would not outlive her child. That is what mothers do. Wishing Ms Roberts a successful surgery with a full and speedy recovery. God Bless.

Keepit real 2

LOVE YOU ROBIN MY PRAYERS ARE WIT U AN YO FAMILY BE STRONG EVERY THING IS GONNA B OK I MISS U ALREADY YOURE THE REASON I WATCHED GMA

Jojo792314

Prayer are with her!!!!!

Diamond Goddess!

Seriously, I'm ALREADY tired of hearing about her health drama! Now she'll go away and not have an attention-whoring moment every other day about it.

Nayners57

Wishing Robin all the best.

Judy Kuntz

I cried when I watched on Thursday - she is so strong and I know she'll be ok, but my heart ached for her! then, this morning, the news of the passing of her beloved Mother was just TOO much to bear! This has to be so traumatic for her, given what she is facing! Prayers are for her and her entire family! I love her and wish her God's richest blessings throughout "her journey"!

Ruby

Robin you are so strong I wish you well,so sorry to hear about your Mom,but she will always be with you.
We love you so much!!!!See ya soon......

Ruby

Robin our prayers are with you,you'll beat this because your so strong..We love ya much!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments