Robin Roberts

Leaves 'GMA' Early

'Things Happened at Home'

8/30/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robin Roberts just announced ... she will begin her medical leave from "Good Morning America" TODAY ... one day ahead of schedule ... after "some things happened at home."

Roberts -- who was recently diagnosed with MDS -- had originally planned to stay through tomorrow before leaving the show to prepare for her bone marrow transplant.

But this morning, an emotional Roberts explained, "I had planned to let tomorrow be the last day ... and then some things happened at home and I wanna take care of that before I begin my treatment next week."

Country star Martina McBride performed a song for Robin ... and Roberts, with a smile on her face, tearfully sang along.

Roberts vows to return to work following the procedure.

ShocinPenn

Robin, you have come so far and I, for one, am here for you now, going thru it. Your prevailing attitude is
strong and embraces your whole being in times like
this. With each day you will get better...with your best
chance...we believe.........

smiley

Robin, you are a strong woman. And i miss seeing you in the mornings will i'm getting dressed for work. I wish you the very best. God Bless You.

smiley

Robin, you are a strong woman. And i miss seeing you in the mornings will i'm getting dressed for work. I wish you the very best. God Bless You!

shazbotbaru

I wish for her speedy recovery..I also wish for her to join the church of "Whats happenin Momma", and not ever come back to GMA...she and the rest of those idiots are worthless and not in any idol class..Maybe replace her with pee wee herman....just my opinion, like you are allowed..thank you..and,,..good day!!!!!!

Beth Rawls

Hello Robin, You are such a inspiration to so many of us. Stay strong sister, I am going thru chemo now with breast cancer, they tell me I'm cancer free! Praise God!! I miss seeing your sweet pretty face every morning and I pray for strength and comfort for you!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3