Paul Ryan

Black Ex-Girlfriend Wants NOTHING

To Do with Campaign

8/31/2012 10:34 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0831_deneeta_pope_article_yearbook_wsj_2Deneeta Pope -- the African American woman who dated Paul Ryan in college -- wants to stay a country mile away from the Presidential election ... TMZ has learned.

We spoke with Pope a few minutes ago and she could not have been clearer -- she does not want to become an issue in the election.

Pope said, "I'm not interested in talking. I don't know why everyone is calling. I'm newly married and would just like to be left alone."

Ryan did an interview awhile back, saying he had a Black GF during college.  Ryan was clearly trying to blunt criticism that he was not sympathetic to African Americans.

Pope deflected the call and said any questions about Paul Ryan should be directed to Paul Ryan.

Problem is ... he's kinda busy.

Mulholland Drive

At least she's cute.

JJ

Paul Ryan says : Hey Girl, I'm down with the swirl.

JJ

Says a lot about him that he dated a woman with that much class, no matter what her race. Also, the fact that he and his wide went to her wedding shows there is NO drama or hate in their relationship, which I am sure the liberal media is looking for. It must drive them crazy that he just seems to be a good person. Good for her for not feeding the frenzy! Serious class!

Tnorris

Only TMZ would start out with the lines to paraphrase..."Oh my God Paul Ryan dated a black woman!!" - This is so genuinely newsworthy & relevant it astounds me. And what an inane, unfair generalization that yep, all republicans must automatically have a penchant for marginalizing all black people (Even though many in the party itself have been a big help to the civiil rights movement, much less helping to END slavery, ugh when we people start opening up a damn book). All I see is a woman, who I think is pretty damn sexy if you ask me.

Why do you feel it necessary to point out she's black. We all have eyes thanks. Obviously, we know where TMZ's head is at. Sigh.

On another note, if someone who Obama dated in his past happened to be white why aren't you reporting that as well? Oh yea because for some odd reason it's only worth noting if a white republican dates a black woman. *Slaps forehead with hand*

Dizkaer9

Why is it important to specify race in your headlines?

Purple Label

Dang Paul Ryan you wouldn't recognize the truth if it hit you in the head but I must say Mrs. Pope looks hot from the pic on the left.

CriticXtreme

That Afro-American ish came from the rhyme king Jesse Jackson. Black is preferred by many. At least she's semi good looking. You can best bet that at some point, she will be key in this campaign. Call Paul Ryan a racist, and he will say I'm not - I had a black girlfriend. Watch because it will happen.

SpitBall

Well, she is a babe and that proves that the only taste he has is not in his mouth. How could any man resist her? Her allure is undeniable.

SpitBall

And oh, by the way, my wife is black and I'm whiter than Harvey (who is still thinking over my sex tape offer).

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Pix on right, she could fly for Stacey Dash look-alike.

christy

What does " BLACK" have anything to do with? Why is she being mentioned at all? Grow up TMZ!! Sick of people using race!

shar

TMZ WHY THE HEADLINE BLACK EX GIRLFRIEND. This is an absolute racist slur. She is a woman who may have been his girlfriend in college. I cannot believe how slimy you media idiots are, she just got married and needs to have privacy... People need to take a stand with TMZ, they are a racist magazine....

belmarjerzy

LOL...Wow! you dated a black girl. good for you man! Im sure all you black ppl will vote republican now. Stupid Ass!!!!

TJ

Wow- that information just lowered my opinion of him. He is just like Kim Kardashian!

South Beach

She's made her statement, ongoing I'd change my number and let all calls go to voicemail. Who needs the hassle? Leave her alone.