Randy Jackson

Time to Himself

9/2/2012 4:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0902_randy_jacksonSuddenly finding himself with a lot of free time on his hands, Randy Jackson was spotted at LAX yesterday ... heading out of town.

As TMZ first reported, Randy will not be back as a judge on the next season of "American Idol," but will transition into a "mentor" role on the show.

As for who will be filling his seat ... Mariah Carey has signed on and Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban are thiiiis close to putting pen to paper. Adding a fourth judge is almost certain to happen as well.

The Atlanta Church Of Satan

He looks like he's going to shoot himself or jump.

DaveT

Dawg looks contemplative, he's thinking about the deeper meanings of life, know what I mean dawg

Seldombinlaid

Way to go Lithgoe, or however you spell your bloody name. Trat the Dawg this way. He's been faithful to you all these years, and you can him? You Blow. Your show is history.

LCS27

Dawg, the dismissal didn't work out for me. It was a little pitchy.

Flying Blind

Poor Randy, will just have to sit around and count his millions he got from Idol.

RedwoodPerch

Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban will absolutely kill the show. I suppose the producers are trying for the Guiness World record for the biggest ratings swing of all time. With that line up, they'll probably succeed.

gamepro

i might watch one episode to see if i can bare it but i probably wont be able to because of mariah carey but most of all nicki minaj

nicole

Since they're cleaning house, why not get rid of Seacreast? Let him spend all his time with the kartrash family, he irks me so much as a host, I just don't like the guy.

As for Randy, I hope HE likes his new role, if the top guns are slowly shoving him out, I'd stick it to em. really tho, WTF do I care, I haven't watched this show in years...good gosh, I need to chill

Fat Jesus

Nice, he's rocking a Florida Panthers hat.

kitnplayn

I can't stand Mariah Carey or Nicki Manaj. I'm out.

David

What job can he now find that would give him millions to sit his fat ass and judge? All judges on American Idol are highly overpaid. While middle class Americans can't even get jobs, these judges get ridiculously compensated for doing nothing but saying "yes" or "no" to contestants. Wow!!! Only in America.

Michael

Enjoy your Holiday weekend Randy and SCREW the management at American Idol!! What a bunch of morons to drop you and add the most talentless woman in America Minaj!!! We THOUGHT you had to be a MAJOR superstar to be a judge, but Idol is proving us wrong. Like most people around the world bc of their changes. I AM DONE WATCHING THE SHOW!!! idiots!!

DaveT

I can't see where there would be any kind of chemistry between Mariah, Nicki and Keith, or how it would be entertaining.
Mariah is a good choice, she's very talented, and has a sweet personality suited to mentor others.
Nick might be dramatic just to be dramatic, instead of creating drama based on real opinions, hard to tell yet.
And Keith is pretty quiet and non-confrontational, nice guy I like him, but can't see him as a judge.
They need an alpha-male like Simon.
Man who sets the overall tone with his approach, speaking his mind without being intimidated/influenced by the audience or women judges.
As Simon always did.
They need an alpha-male with two strong spirited women who also speak their minds, but with a man who remains the alpha among them and ultimately sets the tone.
Like watching the lion and the lionesses, all are strong and capable of handling their own, but at the end of the day everyone realizes the lion is the alpha and will roar a bit to straighten the lionesses out if they start to get catty :D
That's what people prefer to watch, human nature in it's natural state.

esq777

Life's tough. Might have to get a real job.

kalebnellie

i will forget about watching american idol completly if nicki minaj signs. she is aweful and should crawl back under her rock

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments