Michael Clarke Duncan

Dead at 54

9/3/2012 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0903_Michael-Clarke-Duncan_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan, star of such movies as "The Green Mile" and "The Whole Nine Yards," passed away this morning. He was 54.

According to our sources, his passing came very suddenly. We're told his fiancee, Omarosa Manigault, had been with him in his hospital room in Los Angeles and left for an engagement. Shortly after she left, he died.

Our sources say Omarosa's mother was with him when he passed.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ the actor never fully recovered from the myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. As TMZ first reported, Omarosa found Duncan in cardiac arrest and performed CPR and was able to resuscitate him before calling 911.

The rep tells us, "[Omarosa] Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Duncan was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of John Coffey in "The Green Mile." He worked as a bodyguard for celebrities like Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, and Notorious B.I.G. before he got his break.

0903_duncan_tmz_live_video

clarke_duncan_launch_sub2

Madeline

So sad to hear this news. He was a great actor. He always had a smile on his face. You will be missed MCDuncan!

tanya

So sad. Loved his smile. When he smiled it made me smile too.

Whatintheworld!?

RIP, Big Guy.

lisa tibbs

R.I.P. Michael Duncan,Godspeed,you were a great actor!!! You will be missed!

kevin

54 is not young.. 54 is not even middle age.. middle age is like 40 to 45.. 54 is kinda on the old side.. Its not a full life but its not a life cut short.

lisa tibbs

R.I.P Michael Duncan.Godspeed!

marilyn

R.I.P

Sydni Thomas

I just read about Michael Clarke Duncan about two months ago, and he was okay after he suffered a sudden heart attack and his girlfriend, ( God bless her soul) saved him. And now this. Dammnn, I tell you the year 2012 has taken a toll on alot of people.

God bless to all and RIP MCD. :'(

queveda

Kazam!

0.0

Seemed like a big ol' loveable Teddy Bear. Maybe god needed someone to help him move?

KMD

Maybe HE grew tired of suffering. Being hospitalized takes a mental toll on you. I'm sure he's at peace! He lived well, saw the world and finally had what seemed to be authentic love! Sidebar: my mother always told me girlfriends and fiancé's don't count. I hope she has her own money saved because his family will want her out of the way effective immediately!

Werner

R.I.P Michael cya in heaven big man sad news :'(

hunter

Hate to say it, but that conniving, reality-tv "has been" probably had something to do with it.

NurseRob

Hollywood has lost a gentle giant! RIP Michael...

Cindy

I'm so sorry to hear this, great actor, great guy!