Michael Clarke Duncan

Dead at 54

9/3/2012 10:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0903_Michael-Clarke-Duncan_gettyMichael Clarke Duncan, star of such movies as "The Green Mile" and "The Whole Nine Yards," passed away this morning. He was 54.

According to our sources, his passing came very suddenly. We're told his fiancee, Omarosa Manigault, had been with him in his hospital room in Los Angeles and left for an engagement. Shortly after she left, he died.

Our sources say Omarosa's mother was with him when he passed.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ the actor never fully recovered from the myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13. As TMZ first reported, Omarosa found Duncan in cardiac arrest and performed CPR and was able to resuscitate him before calling 911.

The rep tells us, "[Omarosa] Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

Duncan was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of John Coffey in "The Green Mile." He worked as a bodyguard for celebrities like Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Jamie Foxx, LL Cool J, and Notorious B.I.G. before he got his break.

0903_duncan_tmz_live_video

clarke_duncan_launch_sub2

shanice

Tameka Foster needs to learn a lesson by following how Michael acted in his daily life ... even Omarosa doesn't act as much of a **** in her old days as Tameka does now .. (can you tell I can't stand her? lol)

Having said that , rest your soul MCD. Looks like it's going to be a MCD movie weekend at my house, paying tribute to such a sweet departed soul.

Pandora

So sorry for your loss. I lost my husband after being married for17yrs. He too died of a heartattack at the age of 40, and he was also a big man; 6'6 350lbs. Words of encouragement it does get better as the years go by; just keep his memory in your heart. He seems like he was a good man. (most big men are)

KEQI

So sad to hear of his passing...I always hoped that he would pull through. So sad to see him die so young. My prayers are wiht his family and friends.

BabyBoomerQueen

Such sad news.
But, heart disease no no age, gender, religion, or creed. Make sure you get your physicals.

Sharon
~The Baby Boomer Queen~

Carmen Rivera

Why? Why? the good guys go first!!!!!!!! RIP....

Gwen Myles

I am so sad about the passing of Michael Duncan. What a gentle giant and a great actor. RIP Michael and Omarosa - take care - my heart goes out to you. I can't imagine losing the love of my life.

CB

Real-time updating is enabled. (Pause)

Bill O'Reilly, American television host, author, syndicated columnist and political commentator. Host of the political commentary program The O'Reilly Factor on the Fox News Channel, which is the most watched cable news television program on American television. Collapse

I heard he didn't even need to get into makeup when they filmed Planet of the Apes. RIP IN PEACE

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/michael-clarke-duncan-dies-at-54-tom-hanks-and-other-stars-react-201249#ixzz25WHOLxkh

kevin famous

why do the good people always die at a young age and the wicked lived till there old it's not fear god rest his soul

Carol Mcintosh

My heart and sympathy goes out to his fiancee; Omarosa Ma****ul, family, and friends. Mr. Duncan was a talented man and loved by his fans.

stony

it s too bad...I felt he got shortchanged not winning a oscar for green mile....

peggy gillespie

so so sad what a great actor he was rip

Thunder

Death is related to life and we all have to accepted that RIP.

Isis2012

I have loved this man Duncan in many movies ... but I will always remember and Love him for the Loving character roll and Spirit of innocence he shared in the movie Green Mile. He glowed in the character of being a "gentle giant" whom could heal the sickness of other. And now we have lost a brilliant light in this world. Yet I can still hear and feel him say these words; "You tell God the Father it was a kindness you done. I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand? "I must tell you. I cry and cry every time I watch this movie and suspect I always will. Michael Clarke Duncan, his character of heart and Spirit of soul, I will truly miss. An angel that surly have received wings.

alexander becerra..

so sad,he was a realy good actor..god bless u bro..

Isis2012