Simon Cowell

'The Voice' is

Afraid of Britney

9/6/2012 6:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0904_simoncowell_xfactor_Article
Simon Cowell is furious at NBC for trying to sandbag next week's premiere of "X Factor" by adding a Wednesday installment of "The Voice" ... declaring, "This is a cynical, cold-hearted, unprofessional way of doing business."

Simon tells TMZ, he thought he had a "gentleman's agreement" with NBC ... that "The Voice" would run Mondays and Tuesdays, and "X Factor" would run Wednesdays and Thursdays on FOX ... so fans could watch both.

Simon says NBC is turning on its own audience, forcing them to choose between Christina Aguilera's show and Britney Spears' new show. And speaking of them, Simon says, "Britney's not going to appreciate the fact that Christina -- who has been a bit of a rival -- isn't allowing Britney to have a night of her own."

Simon tells TMZ, he believes the move is as personal as it gets, because "The Voice" came to England and went head-to-head with Simon's show, "Britain's Got Talent" and got its ass kicked.

Simon says, "These guys have really got it in for us. It's nothing short of dirty tricks."

Cowell adds, "The reason they've done this is they don't want people to see 'X Factor' because they've heard how good the series is. They don't want their audience to see Britney Spears. They don't want their audience to see Demi Lovato."

Simon says he doesn't think Britney knows yet, but when she finds out "She's going to be devastated because she's put her heart and soul into this."

As for Cowell, he says he's not scared, adding, "I can't bear it that the network is playing political games and playing with the audience."

Don Martin

Is this the same Simon who challenged "The Voice", to compete against X-Factor????? Maybe Simon should shut his pie hole and just bring it!

all about the money

Actually X-Factor is most likely afraid of The Voice. The Voice has been more popular than last years X-Factor and now they appear to be going head to head. Having Brit as a judge is a handicap for X-Factor that will be keeping a few percentage of the Nelson Ratings from X-Factor. Ole Simon had hoped he would be the only game on air but not the case. X-Factor will fail again this year like last year. Soon X-Factor will be doing the A.I shuffle when they hit low ratings and replace all the judges again for next season....if there is one. Think America is about done with singing shows. Maybe 1 show but not A.I, X-Factor and The Voice...that genre is over played right now.

Mike

Television is competitive? Ya don't say?!
TV Producers are s***bags? Ya don't say?!
Simon Cowell is an attention whore? Ya don't say?!

nORRis8

So you think you can dance ....sing.......fart......scream.......whooooooooooooo cares about these idiotic shows.

boricua4669

I'm all about "The Voice" ! I'm sure X-Factor is going to be another failure like America's Got Talent ...
Although, i fkng hate c-untina !

Lisa

Simon, X Factor is not all about Britney. And if that's who you're hoping will carry the show, The Voice already won, because they have the classy, talented, and MENTALLY STABLE Christina. If you would promote yourself as the main attraction instead of Britney and Demi, X Factor will win, hands down.

IsYouForRealXFactor

So X Factor is all about egotistical Britney getting her attention instead of the contestants? Gross. I'm choosing The Voice over X Factor.

pat

Once American Idol, X Factor and the Voice go belly up, which they eventually will, Cowell or someone will start a show called

Brit vs XTina vs Mariah.

scoopie

Simon, the problem for you guys is that The Voice is much more interesting in the beginning with the blind auditions. It's the middle of both shows that make us go watch elsewhere and tune in again near the finals.

Max

It will be interesting to see how the ratings go for both shows now that there’s a Britney vs. Christina angle. With all this early fall season drama I’m glad I turned on the PrimeTime Any Time feature on my Hopper so I can see both shows. My DVR now automatically records three hours of primetime coverage on the big four networks, which helps out when I work the night shift at Dish. I don’t think it’s smart to get Simon angry; NBC may not like him when he’s angry.

ME

Idol, x factor, the voice its the same show....Singing competitions. I for one am not interested, However i do like Americas got talent,way more different acts and not just singing.

Lynda Jones-owings

I will watch both! But I am sure I will watch the Voice on a regular basis and catch or record the X Factore when I can.

Gamo

Since when are these shows about the judges? I thought it was about finding fresh and deserving talent in America- I guess it IS about the judges after all. Very sad. Get over yourselves, and think about the impressionable young talent that is jumping through hoops for your worthless, selfish opinion and approval.

stonechops

Hopefully there is no Chris Rene this year. Jesus he was annoying.

Darwin Rivera

lets just record the show that will fix the problem