Puddle Of Mudd Singer

Stranded After Arrest ...

Rescued By A Fan

9/8/2012 1:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0907-wes-Scantlin-carl-tmz
When Puddle of Mudd singer Wes Scantlin bailed out of jail after his crazy plane arrest ... he was stranded with no useable phone and nowhere to go ... until a fan drove by and saved his butt.

TMZ spoke with a guy named Carl Fant -- who says he saw Wes leaving the jail in Austin, Texas on Wednesday and recognized him as the famous POM singer.

Fant tells us ... Scantlin looked like he needed some help, "He wasn't sure where to go and his phone was dead." Carl says he offered up his own cellphone so the singer could call his assistant in L.A.

The good deeds didn't stop there ... Carl took Scantlin to get some grub, find a hotel to crash in and then afterwards took him sightseeing, which turned into "a nice, sober night" on the town.

So why help a guy who had just been arrested for allegedly being an in-flight drunken menace?

Carl says, "I got laid off back in May ... so I know what it's like to have a bad day and need a little assistance."

Carl ... gives us hope.

Nadiadamit

U have Ur good people .. true blue like Carl then U have the cops hahah "don't mess with Texas". U best believe I am on Wes' side a million percent *TRUST*. "Authoritie" (my best cartman voice) in Texas are a little over enthusiastic about their jobs. People go into fo fields of work for reasons. In Mexico, U are lucky if U come back with broken ribs.. or lucky to come back at all. The border cities of Texas are none to different. I lived there and I know from personal experience. I am more than certain they did not test them.. they did not have to.. they are always right, don't question it. That is why the down to earth in Texas~ are just that.....Carl is the perfect example of how all of Texas should be, compassionate.

Carl Fant

"Rescued" might be a bit of a stretch. LOL He didn't know anyone or where to go, so I gave him a hand. He did a few good deeds along the way, one of which getting a local musician in contact with someone who could boost his career.
-Carl FANT

Carl Fant

It's easy to pass judgement on someone in a comment section of a celeb gossip website, especially never meeting the person you're commenting about. Wes, was nice to me and everyone he came in contact with on Tues night. What happened on the plane? I don't know, because I wasn't there. Does he have problems in his personal life? I'm sure! Everyone does! The above article is a bit vague, however it's still not a reason to bash someone you probably have never met. Negativity makes the news faster than a positive, uplifting story. If he was out volunteering at a homeless shelter, you'd never know about it. Tragedy and violence is always more newsworthy than good things in our culture.

Areader

Good lookin' out Carl Flant!

Nadiadamit

WoW Carl... sorry they misspelled Ur name. U make a lot of great points and U do seem down to earth and an all around nice guy. Must've been a little fun hanging out with Wes also.. cool of U to stop bye here and set the record straight...on Ur name and on placing judgement...though I still think Texas cops are hardcore O.O hahaha big Kisses♥

Zarley

Puddle o Mud is a good band.Always reminded me of Kurt Cobain ..Keep rockin dude.

Andrea Westernberg

I'll marry this guy soon. You'll see

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2