R. Kelly

What's Another MILLION

in Unpaid Taxes?

9/9/2012 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0907_r_kellyR. Kelly has a "put it on my tab" approach to his taxes ... because TMZ has learned his ever-expanding tax bill has just increased by more than a million bucks.

According to documents filed in Illinois, the "Trapped in the Closet" singer owes Uncle Sam a cool $1,379,695.11 for unpaid taxes for the year 2011.

As TMZ first reported, Kelly already owes $4,848,072.71 in unpaid taxes for the years 2005-2010. That brings his total to a cool $6,227,767.82.

Seems his accountant has been trapped in a closet for the past seven years.

A rep for Kelly tells TMZ, "He takes this very seriously and is already communicating with the IRS about the payment process to quickly resolve the issue."

0423_celebrity_tax_problems_footer

Diamond Goddess!

This entertainer-tax-shiz is SO bogus!!!
I'm an entertainer, and anytime I have any questions, etc., I just call the IRS.
They are actually really nice and helpful.
You DON'T let someone ELSE handle your $$$!
Peep the HUGE # of celebs who get ripped off, tax problems, etc., even by their own family.
Take the time to WATCH every penny, or you'll end up in PRISON, with ALL your shiz TAKEN and SOLD.
They use famous people as examples.

the_truth_hurts

if you or I owe the IRS we have 30 days to pay or they start takeing our stuff and selling it off...then we go to jail....how do these people get away with it for years and 6 million bucks.....how much does this fool make anyway????

Bonnie

Lock his ass up! Why is he still walking around. Any ordinary citizen would be in jail.

awesomewave

The IRS has rules for celebrities and rules for the common folk. Guess who gets rammed in the backside?

Good riddance!

Only surprised he never dated Kim Kartrashian.

FLUX

"quickly resolve the issue" it's been 11 years.
Very funny. Normal people would be in jail by this time.

me

TMZ kills me! You print all these stories about celebs owing all this money, and try to make them look bad. Honestly, do you think with all the money these people have, that they are sitting at the kitchen table doing their own taxes? All of these screw ups are the fault of their handlers!!!

laffnbear

"takes this very seriously"- But hasn't paid it.
What kind of self entitled, ignorant putz would taxes get so out of hand?
This is unpatriotic.
Who believes the country owes him free services? That is, other than the one percenters?
I nearly forgot he id a black "performer."
Some one needs to remind him of Al capone. pEOPLE CAN GO TO PRISON FOR TAX EVASION.

Phishie from Philly

What's another ugly pair of sunglasses.
PHishie fom Philly

Spicy mag

$6 million! He must be pissed. Get it?

karlew

Give Kelly a break. He's getting older and is not the star he used to be, it takes lots of money to get 12 year old girls to sleep with him nowadays. How can you expect him to pay taxes too?

laffnbear

Ah, I get it now.
Anew way of "street cred."
"I made so much money and I am so ignorant I thought I was in the clear." To the tune of nearly 5 mill.

jared phillips

How is this pedophile that pees on children still making money? Shouldn't he be in prison anyway?

Cheryl A.

Pay your taxes douche! 16 trillion in debt and you owe everyone in this country your due.

Signothorn

He's known for pissing away, but now it applies to his fortune too.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments