Amanda Bynes

Pulled Over in L.A.

After License Suspended

9/10/2012 12:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

091012_amanda_bynes_splash

Amanda Bynes was pulled over in L.A. last night after her driver's license was suspended -- but somehow, she didn't end up in jail.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Bynes was pulled over for driving without her headlights on. We're told she was given a verbal warning and sent on her way.

It's unclear if officers ran the actress' license -- because if they did, they might have noticed it was reportedly SUSPENDED last week after the actress was slapped with two misdemeanor hit-and-run charges.  She also refused to take a breathalyzer after being busted for DUI, and that triggers an automatic 1-year license suspension.

It's unclear if the license has since been reinstated -- but with such a short time frame, it's VERY unlikely.

Calls to Bynes' camp were not returned.

BECKER

iIAM NOT SURE WHO IS TEH BIGGEST IDIOT. HER FOR DRIVING WITH A SUSPENDED LICENSE OR THE INCOMPETENT LAPD OFFICER FOR NOT RUNNING HER LICENSE. MAYBE SHE FLASHED HIM AND HE LET HER GO

The Neko Nation

I hope when this stupid skank crashes in a fiery wreck that she just kills herself and no innocent people.

customcalendars4u2

Oh she's just a ole hard head ass huh?? Driving drunk, hit& runs,suspended license she should be going to jail and instead she's allowed to continue to keep breaking the law... That's some bull! This officer in charge should be reprimanded!

Jerry4thewin

O my

Jen

Well there is video evidence, do arrest the bitch now.

whatevs

LIfe is not fair.

GeniusMachine

I really need to be inside her.

nalliebell

She does not even have the brain capacity to turn on her lights, she does not need to be driving

dakotapod

So what does the hooker they are talking too have to do with all of this.... ;)

royalredus

Yikes, someone needs to wash that thing. And her car is pretty dirty too.

lynn

either she has taken that car "back roading in the mud" or she hurled out the driver side window...wtf is all over her door?

StarFleetVeteran

I sure wish I was a celebrity. I could get away with driving without an active license, molesting little boys, and even murder. When it comes to stars, the justice system is an even bigger joke than normal.

b

I love her. I wish she lived in my neighbor. I would let my dogs and kids run wild. It would be like laser tag.

nate

Was thinking she was looking for attention and being a dumb ass is the best way to go about it now a days with the mental acuity of this country.

But now I am convinced she is simply bat **** crazy and should be no where near a motor vehicle for a long time.

venedotia

I posted this (in pieces) in another forum that linked your story:

Whomever reported this should be reprimanded... considering that TMZ is owned by a fricken lawyer. Do you not act as a reported and research the laws or do you just not care? I personally don't care about which celebutard is getting a DUI, I just think you should be a responsible journalist and check your facts.

The state of california along with other states allow someone to drive with a suspended license sometimes. You usually have to get something called an SR22 (which they make many people with DUI's get) and also people who have serious offenses (like getting a "Wet & reckless" ticket.) Any insurance company can provide an SR22.

Also I had a roommate with 2 DUI's and she had to get one because they suspended her license and had to undergo the whole DUI's justice system process. It cost her about 10k after all was said and done.

Not saying that is what she has but she probably was given that option and took it.

And if you take this option, you most certainly CAN get your license back within a week.