Director Nick Cassavetes

I'm OK with Incest!

9/10/2012 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0910_nick_cassavetesarticleWriter/director Nick Cassavetes supports the phrase "If you can't keep it in your pants, keep it in the family" ... claiming there's nothing wrong with a little incest.

Cassavetes, whose new film "Yellow" features a brother/sister relationship, compared the taboo act to gay marriage while promoting the movie in Toronto this weekend.

Cassavetes explained, "Who gives a s**t if people judge you? I'm not saying this is an absolute but in a way, if you're not having kids -- who gives a damn? Love who you want. Isn't that what we say? Gay marriage -- love who you want?"

He continued, "If it’s your brother or sister it’s super-weird, but if you look at it, you’re not hurting anybody ... except every single person who freaks out because you’re in love with one another.”

On a related note, here's a photo of Angelina Jolie kissing her brother on the mouth 12 years ago.

0910_year_angelina_jolie_globephotos

Joe

sick fxck!

ithoughtitwasgum

me neither, i have sex with my hot cousin all the time

hypOcrite

I love that the same people who think your should be able to marry whoever you want when they are backing the LGBT are against this......the left preaches tolerance as long as you agree with them..... but if you disagree with them, you must be a biggot, a racist, a redneck, a xenophone or a homophobe... its their way or no way.... and the funniest part is they are too stupid to even realize how hypocritical they are

deanne

NINE PERCENT say incest is "cool"??? TMZ you have the SICKEST followers if that is true. I am hoping they just said that for effect..

jared phillips

What a creepy fellow.

Arla

Acquiring an incest taboo in humans helped ensure our survival. Inbreeding increases the odds of the offspring inheriting two recessive genes with abnormalities, resulting in the gene being expressed when it would otherwise would not have. Since so much of our social order is rooted in our biology, it is extremely unnatural for incest to be "okay" with a human. I guess I could see if you weren't raised knowing the person as a family member but still... plus its just gross lol

Laura

I wish I could find words for this sick-o, but I can't.

DaveT

Incest ain't best :D
But used to be pretty common to marry your cousin in the past, was even considered normal at various times in history to marry your sister or brother.
Can't even imagine in any way shape or form being married to my sisters, frickin' yuck!
Still....when you're at the family reunion growing up and you're around 14 years old and full of hormones and you go swimming with your 14 year old cousins with their new boobies and hormones and you're noticing their female body and they're noticing your male body and you're all starting to 'accidentally' brush up against each other during Underwater Freeze Tag or Marco Polo...
You know that springy sound a diving board makes?

Bryan

Another Sicko in Hollyweird.....

jzag13

And that's why Nobama is our president!!!!

jzag13

And that is why Nobama is the president.......we are all doomed!!!

all about the money

The issue isn't sibling love or relationships. That is all the society stigma. What makes it taboo is if there is a child born out of incest. Brother loving sister...ok not the norm but people in love will do what they want. Some might say its a mental issue brother loving sister, mother and son, father and daughter etc but again that is based on our societies definition of a normal relationship. I guess in a way I can see his point an incestuous relationship isn't much different than a same sex relationship from a social viewpoint. Both relationships are outside of the norm and frowned on by the majority of society. What does make incest different though and the biggest risk is if a child is born out of incest. Now you have genetic issues that come into play that can cause medical issues and even viability for birth. So I can see some people claiming an incestuous relationship is no different than a same sex relationship as far as our society is concerned. Its taboo and not accepted but love will always find a way. What needs to be prevented in an incestuous relationship is procreation.

stef

Are you kidding? I'm STILL disturbed from the 'Boardwalk Empire' scene with Jimmy having sex with is mom...1 year later it STILL bothers me! Nothing about incest is OK. (although Casey and Lee Anthony would disagree with me)

MrR

The 8% that say its alright will vote for Obama!

Raymond

Morality, cultural context etc aside, this is just creating too many problems. Cause you're always having that (ex) lover hanging around you can't really distance yourself from.

Just imagine married sister having her brother coming around for a visit, with whom she formerly shared a love relationship. Kind of awkward, not?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments