Michael Madsen

Hospitalized for Flu

Symptoms After DUI Arrest

9/13/2012 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0913-michael-madsen-tmz
Michael Madsen
was hospitalized for flu-like symptoms following his DUI arrest in Malibu yesterday ... sources close to the actor tell TMZ.

As we reported, Madsen was pulled over for weaving through traffic on PCH -- and subsequently arrested after blowing a .20 on a breathalyzer test ... a test Michael claims was "flawed" and incorrect.

We're told the actor explained to police he had been suffering from the flu for the past several days ... and his condition may have had an impact on his driving ability.

Police transported Madsen to a nearby hospital where he was treated and released that same night.

0913-michael-madsen-ability-2
We're told Madsen intends to plead "not guilty" to DUI charges.

bkwardstraveler

A city prosecutor once told me its the BAC that gets one in trouble, not the cir***stances surrounding the BAC. If somebody decides to drive a car with a BAC higher than legal standards (.08 in this case...the legal BAC should be .00, IMHO), then somebody deserves some jail time to cool their heels.

Kimberley B. Buteau

I'm making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $95 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss. This is what I do, Read More

thinman

how did "the flu" cause him to blow a .20 ? he is an admitted alcoholic who claimed to be now sober. him pleading not guilty only shows he is in denial about his sobriety and therefore doomed

sidithers

Man up ya panzy loser
You were drunk and you know it!

EMB

If it was the Flu, then surely he just took way too much Nyquil.

Majestik

So, are we going to hear he was doped up on Cough medicine and that he accidentally took too much? Meh!, I'm so glad I do not live in California.

PokerStar

Glad he was caught before he hurt someone else.

Majestik

I was just remembering, 15 years ago I thought this guy was the Rat's ass and sexiest as hell. Now I look at him and it's like WTF was I thinking?

Anonymous

.20 is .20 baby!

Carl

I never knew that the flu would cause you to blow a .20 on a breathalyzer!

Raymond

Maybe he was sharing a sake or two with Hattori Hanzo ...

Tolly

Yeah, back in the day my dad used to call that the "whiskey flu"

ManiacalZebra

Uh ... the flu doesn't cause you to blow a 0.20. If you are taking a flu medication that contains alcohol, it's still alcohol and you still shouldn't be driving.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

There you go folks... if you're isht faced while driving plead the flu.

DaveT

Once I had the flu so bad I danced on a table while I sang a karaoke William Hung version of She Bang

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments