'American Idol'

Judges List Official,

Randy Jackson Survives

9/16/2012 7:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0916_american_idol_instagram
Randy Jackson
's stay of execution is confirmed -- he will remain a judge on the 12th season of "American Idol" ... officially joining Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban.

As TMZ reported, "Idol" producers locked down Jackson after talks with Enrique Iglesias fizzled out.

Mariah was the first the sign her deal, with Minaj and Urban signing on the dotted line just in the last few days.

"Idol" host Ryan Seacrest tweeted a photo of himself with the judges (see above), writing, "It's official, your new #IdolJudges are @MariahCarey, @NickiMinaj, @KeithUrban & @Yo_RandyJackson!"

Told you.

sasha12

Keith Urban? Like him, but boring....not too impressed. They should have picked Harry Connick Jr., he has personality....

Carol

I will be sure and miss it!

nicole

I got tired of this show a long time ago, I just got tired of them allowing stupid acting fools on, just annoying! I didn't hate anyone, I just flip the channel. As for these judges, I'm not overly enthused. I like Mariah, I use to love listening to her music, as for Nikki, I can't think of anything she sings, she does nothing for me. Keith seems like a nice guy and Randy is a nice guy, of course he played out "yo dawg" a bit too much, not sure if he's still doing that...and Oh, Ryan Seacreat annoyed me.

LCS27

This panel will work together better than the Lohan's family.

Buddy The Elf

Do people seriously still watch this?
How sad, and PATHETIC, they have to pay $50M to some washed up fame whores to try and stay relevant.

Why not go with actual talent scouts? Producers. Industry people - it never made sense to get these clowns who dont write, play an instrument, or do anything but sing other peoples creations to judge 'talent.'

JoeFrancis

To American idol and all the other "versions" out there, you need to pick a judge that has a history of winning awards (like a Mariah Carey).

I wonder which show will be the first that picks a Kardashian to judge talent...

marcella

Stopped watching this show 5 years ago, and this line up is not gong to make me watch it...Both Mariah & Nicki have the vocabulary of a remedial third grader, Randy Jackson is older then dirt and his "ebonics" sound ridiculous...I can't say anything about Keith Urban because I have no clue who he is!!!!

Stace.

The fact that Nicki Minaj is a 'Judge' has officially killed my buzz to continue watching this show. Guess X Factor or The Voice it is.

nonparieldolls

Boy, Randy Jackson must be feeling so special -- not. We couldn't get anyone else so we'll stick with you. What a vote of confidence there.

Of course, Randy must be kinda desperate himself not to tell them to take their last-minute reprieve and choke on it.

This show was fun and exciting when it first began and it's been a slow then ever-faster descent since. Think they've hit rock bottom now. I can't see myself wasting time trying to watch this mess. Bye AI, it was fun for awhile. Think Ryan should be looking around for a new spot somewhere else...

oBAMa

LMAO!

nickp91

Randy Jackson still having a job

kerrplunk

Poor Keith, your now officially in the outback with these dingo's

PR Spin

Always watched American Idol with the kids, but we are done. Nicki Minaj is vulgar, and should not be judging young talent when she can not sing live at all. If AI wants a judge like her who makes fun of religion and insults and degrades the Catholic Pope in her acts, that will turn off many of the core family, Southern, older audience viewers AI has survived with. Really stupid move AI bosses.

Nicoleasm

It sounds and looks like a disaster, but maybe they're thinking they need to take risks now and see how it goes. The voice turned out okay and I thought they were wacky judges, who likes Ceelo?? And who is he besides that ONE song of his everyone sings(going around town with the one I love)... Then Christina? No one listens to her anymore. I thought she was a has been that gained a lot of weight. But people do like them, and they're popular now. So let's give it a side eye chance. Maybe nicki will be constructive and professional, and maybe there's an intelligent person underneath that facade she has. Keith Urban might have a great personality, with a lot of good advice, he's been in rehab forever, so it'll be good to see how he is now. Mariah is a vet in this business, whose never gone out of mainstream, wannabe singers still reference her. Let's see if it works, couldn't hurt to try

Joey

Dear AI it was fun while you had relevent judges., After you signed the fat Duva abd teh no talent rapper we will have to say good bye X Factor will kick your A$$