Clint Eastwood

Doesn't 'Give a Crap'

About RNC Speech Critics

9/17/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

091712_clint_eastwood_gma_launchClint Eastwood says he doesn't really give a crap about the people who ripped his impromptu "chair" speech at the Republican National Convention ... saying he was just expressing his feelings.

Clint appeared on "Good Morning America" this morning ... and the 82-year-old explained one of the reasons he didn't want to give a traditional speech off a teleprompter that night is because "I didn't have my glasses with me ... so I wouldn't have been able to read it."

Instead, he explained ... "So then I’m just sitting there and the guy says, ‘You wanna sit down?’ and I said ‘No, but put that [chair] next to the podium will ya.'"

And a legend was born.

When he was told that Obama is still a fan of his, Clint said, "Well, that's his bad judgment."

As for the criticism Clint has received since the speech ... Clint says, "There is something about the aging process that makes you give a crap less."

083112_eastwood_rnc_launch

Meanie

Team Clint!

OooooNooo!

Clint Eastwood -- YOU RULE!

jackmama311

ain't nothing like a good piece of hickory!

linda

And due to that train wreck, most don't give a crap about you Clint.

Tiggy

Love me some Clint!!!! The rest of you can move to the mid east. This man is a living legend!!!

gutsygirl

Go ahead and HATE me but this is exactly what I miss about Bush being in the WH...two gunslingers who didn't give a crap if they were liked or not. They are decent men who are not afraid to stand for something.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

He really doesn't have to give a crap about anything, he's Clint Eastwood. That was a totally creepy speech he gave though.

Marilyn

It WAS brilliant, original and to the point.

karlew

I thought he came across as a little nutty but who the hell cares, He's Clint Eastwood for God's sake. Do your thing Clint, you've earned the right.

amazinglybored

Not exactly gracious IMO.

Rachel

Clint, dont let the media,make you feel like most people hated your speech, that is so not true. Everyone I spoke to, Loved it! Now who was the celebrity speaker at the Democratic Convention, again? Does anyone even remember who it was or remember what they said?! Gotta Love the, Guy!!! Team Clint!!!!!!

J-LO on Steroids

So its poor judgment to like you?
I dont really care for you, so its good to know that my judgement meter is on the right track.

PS your old and will soon perish and the world, it will go on without you.

lbs

LEAVE CLINT ALONE!!! The BritneySpears guy would do this one way better.

anony

You expect Clint to be a GOP supporter because he always has been. That's fine. He's old, white, and very rich.
But he must have not seen what The Daily Show and Jon Stewart did to him.
Ouch.