Amanda Bynes

Parents to the Rescue

9/19/2012 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0918_amanda_bynes_tmz
Amanda Bynes' parents abruptly uprooted from their Texas home and moved to California to take care of their troubled daughter ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the family tell us ... what triggered their decision was Amanda's DUI last April.

We're told the parents put their home in Cedar Park, TX up for sale ... hoping to make a quick deal and get to Cali ASAP, but they couldn't find a buyer.

As Amanda's situation got worse -- hit-and-runs, what looked like pot-smoking photos, and lots of strange behavior -- Bynes' folks decided they couldn't wait any longer and just leased their place out.

One source told us the parents are NOT gunning for a conservatorship (a la Britney Spears) but merely want to be near their daughter as a support system.  In the past our sources say the parents were adamant -- Amanda did not have mental issues or a substance abuse problem.

The parents are no strangers to SoCal -- Amanda was born and raised in Thousand Oaks.

magica

Good for the Bynes's! I hope they advise her to take a good boinking soon, and often. It's so true that great sex can cure any abnormality in a hot young piece.

whitney

I would start worrying if she started hanging out with Paris Hilton. I notice when celebs hang out with Paris Hilton it leads to trouble. Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears and Nicole Richie for examples.

ragu4u

She's been rescued too much already. That's what caused all this behavior.

kburn

Thank God! She needs her family to guide her through this difficult period. When I was in a similar situation my family never helped me and it ruined my life.

kburn

Thanks God, she needs her family!

pzzytat

So...the DUI that happened LAST APRIL prompted them to come to the rescue of their daugher? Did they take a stagecoach or wagon train?

arale norimaki

AMANDA PLEASE

Yea Right

Why is TMZ tracking this person? Honestly, no one cares! I hope her parents can help her but except for them, NO ONE CARES!

Sabrina

What took them so long?

kittkat988

I feel like there is definitely a deep mental issue that no ones has looked at and has been brewing for a while. I mean I remember when I was a kid and watched her shows on family I thought she was overly eccentric and odd. Perhaps a severe case of bipolar disorder coupled with something else?

Randy Scouse Git

Did her parents get their parenting skills from the Lohan's? Give up on your daughter, she's a lost cause. She doesn't want help and nobody can force her. Might as well remove her from the Birthday and Chrismas list. Paris, Britney, Tara, etc, have never got themselves into trouble as often as this loser.

Straight Talkin Texan

I'm glad to hear this.

Bambi

Thank God! 5150 this girl and get her some treatment, STAT

LightJ

Right... where were they a long time ago? I don't even know why this stupid b!tch is acting like this in the first place? I mean really the life of a celebrity must be just awful. -_-

Jessica Brooks

Poor Amanda this is very sad. Hopefully her parents can get some good online parent deals for there daughters actions because they are going to need all the savings they can get from the big move!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments