Amanda Bynes

Flees

To New York City

9/23/2012 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0923_amanda_bynes_wm_2
Amanda Bynes bolted out of L.A. this weekend and thankfully headed to a city where public transportation is readily available ... the Big Apple!

Witnesses who spotted Amanda in NYC tell TMZ ... the actress was aimlessly wandering around Midtown for hours on Saturday.

But get this -- Amanda is telling friends the reason she jetted off to New York is because she was tired of being followed in L.A. -- something she says doesn't happen in NYC.

Bynes now tells friends she NEVER wants to come back to L.A, which is interesting timing considering her parents JUST moved to CA from TX to be closer to their daughter.

TMZ broke the story ... Amanda was slapped with two counts of driving on a suspended license on Friday. She faces up to six months in jail for each offense.

Tara

I hope this is true, at least the streets around LA will be a little safer.

me

WOW......Just saw her a couple of hours ago......IN LA!! The pictures don't even look like her....come on guys......your slacking...

Zion

NY?! Why not FIJI?
Perhaps she should quit the attention seeking behavior. She can still have as much fun without the commotion. Why hang out with and date celebs? Just draws more attention to yourself. Many fun and successful non-celeb types.

Drewpydoo

Really negative comments, she is still a kid, disgusting what people will post. Bless ya girl and your supporters!

Prissygrl12

Why don't the media leave her alone? So now walking around NYC is crazy? The media can be such miserable bastards who like to gang up on people when they have a bad time in their lives. So now everything Amanda does is crazy, walking down the street, going to the gym please. Leave Amanda alone!

roll3567

Hey sweetie, I hope you wander around my neighborhood, you can come up to my place...I have soup.

lucy

I'm trying to remember what she's famous for, besides her driving. It may be time for a change.

A.R.

I think that is not her in the picture.
She does not know that in New York she can be followed a lot by paparazzis,especially if there
are so many celebrities over there such as Tom Cruise,etc. If she hangs out with famous people, drives using drugs and creates scandlas she could be followed again over there too.
I think it is best if she lives outside the city where she might not be followed by the photographers.
Did she move in to New York completely?

Ozzie X

And where was I? I would have enjoyed having a ****tail or two with her.

Astronut

That really does NOT look like her....

PinkySwayers

That's not her. The eyebrows are way higher than hers. And "wondering around aimlessly"...it's called SHOPPING.

bring back recent posts

...hit ARIZONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...STAT!\

tamara

Is it her or not?

tellmeaboutit

Maybe she'll run into Blohan (literally).

Spottedfeather

Whoever is in the pictures in this article ISN'T Amanda Bynes.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments