'Scorpions' Drummer

My Ex-Wife Is a

Drunk, Unfit Mother

9/23/2012 12:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0921_James-Kottak_athena_getty
Scorpions
drummer James Kottak claims his ex-wife is an alcoholic who isn't fit to raise their 15-year-old son ... but she says the rocker is lying in a pathetic effort to reduce his child support payment.

Kottak filed legal docs this month asking a judge to change a July 2011 ruling that gave his ex Athena Lee (Tommy Lee's little sis) primary custody of their teenage son AND ordered him to cough up $1,466 / month in child support and another $1,738 / month in spousal support.

In the docs, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Kottak claims their son has been living with him 100% of the time since January 2012, when the teenager had a falling out with his mother. Kottack claims Athena has been in and out of rehab for alcohol addiction.

Kottak -- who was married to Athena from 1996 to 2010 -- says he deserves primary physical custody with Athena getting visitation rights. He also wants the court to reduce his child support payments.

The drummer also specifies that his income -- listed at $12,000 month -- isn't set in stone because his contract with the Scorpions has yet to be renewed.

Kottak claims his wife on the other hand makes plenty of money ($3,100 month) and has the potential to pull in $80k / year as a surgical nurse -- so he wants his spousal support cut down too.

But Athena says the rocker is spewing lies -- claiming she's been sober since January 13, 2012 and is allowing her son to live with Kottak so he can stay in his school district.

"He's trying everything he can to knock me down," Athena says ... adding, " It's only about the money to James."

A judge has yet to rule.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Dude looks like a lady

tiff321

rockers have the taste in wives sometimes

Do Not Judge These People

Do not judge this couple with your comments. I hope they can understand their love for their children go beyond the court battles. Seek help, stop going on reality shows and tabloid sites, and love each other like you use to. Find that love again. You both know it is there. As for all the mean comments and judgements, you will all ROT IN HELL...ha..just joking, but help Athena and James love again by being supportive.

bdagg

None of this is true at all. I am family friend and find this so outrageous its almost funny. Athena doesnt even drink and hasnt for a while. Look at the older kids that Athena raised and you will see that she has not failed at all. Theyre in school fulltime and working to pay for their OWN things with no help from mom or dad. Looks like she did a great job teaching them self responsibility and how to take care of themselves just fine. This article is all bull**** and lies. Especially the accusation of Athena drinking. I know that first hand she does not at all.

Murph

Known James most of my life. Met Athena in 2008. Sure wish it hadn't come to this. My loyalty lies with James, but I feelings for Athena too. She knows.

louella

Dr Antogai, My husband never bought me anything if it wasn’t a holiday or birthday and even then never bought me anything good. I had been eyeing this three stone diamond & ruby necklace for sometime, never mentioned it to him but often thought about what it would be like to have him surprise me with something like that. I requested the receive a gift money spell and two days later my husband surprised me with the exact necklace I had been looking at. I had never even told him about that necklace. That same day he had given me the gift of taking me shopping for a new dress (to wear with the new necklace), a day at the spa and the most romantic dinner we have ever had! thanks to, antogaispelltemple@yahoo.com

Siggy

Actions speak louder than words people. There was a custody hearing last thursday & the "dad" didn't even get out of bed to show up for his son. One might start to believe that he actually doesn't even want custody of the son & wants him taken away so he can continue partying & cheating on his new live-in. He is just too much of a coward to admit it & wants to put on a show for the public by pretending to actually care & put down Athena because she is kicking ass without him! LOSER

Austin

I know there son hes my friend :P

thetinks

Love Athena. This guys crap is what's making her ill, the booze is just the tool that's used to deal with her sh*t. Unless you've been there, then don't judge her. Dead beat dads come in all flavours, this one's poo.

kitnplayn

Is this guy for real? First, he calls her a non-functioning drunk, and then he calls her able to make money working as a surgical nurse. If she is such an uncontrolable drunk, how can she be a surgical nurse?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2