Andy Williams

Dead at 84

9/26/2012 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0926_andy_williams_01
Legendary singer and TV host Andy Williams has died.

According to his rep, Williams passed away last night at his home in Branson, MO after a year-long battle with bladder cancer. He was 84.

The "Moon River" singer -- who recorded 18 gold and 5 platinum certified albums -- is survived by his wife Debbie and his three children, Robert, Noelle, and Christian.

He hosted "The Andy Williams Show" from 1962-1971. He also hosted the Grammys from 1971-1977.

0926_remembering_andy_williams_footer

Pookie

RIP Andy.

My parents used to play "Moonriver" all the time. I love that song.

Pookie

This poor guy wanted to marry Ethel Kennedy. Can you imagine him trying to take control of those kids lives and get that wild bunch under control? That would have killed him WAY before cancer did.

anon

R.I.P. Mr. Andy Williams.

Theresa

Thank you for letting us listen to Moon River on your website.

trudyj

this is a sad day but he will live on no more pain God toke him home

Dawn

you will ALWAYS be my Moon River guy Andy...God's blessings to you and your family

bart

The man was a wonderful singer and brought joy to many. To bad the our society thinks of reality stars as being famous. This man was famous and had talent, plain and simple.

GreyWolf

I love Breakfast At Tiffany's and love that song, "Moon River." It went great with that classic movie. R.I.P. Mr. Williams.

ilovetheshowmadmen

A huge part of my young childhood... LOVED his voice and LOVED LOVED his Christmas shows!! Fell in love with his daughter's name, Noelle, and we gave it to our daughter as a middle name!!!

RIP...

Sherron

I love Andy Williams, not only was he handsome, his voice was so beautiful. He lived a very clean and respectful life. We need more people like him today.
R.I.P. Andy.

Joan K

Moon River, one of my favorite songs ever. It still gets me choked up everytime I hear it. RIP, Mr. Williams, you will be missed.

CathyJ

The world has lost a wonderful talent and a true gentleman. We in Branson will miss him the most. Rest in Peace Andy.

Taterbug1962

R.I.P. Thanks for blessing us with your beautiful voice and music. I'm not old enough to fully appreciate him but still heard his Christmas songs and TV Show. Heaven is proud of yet another great singer to fill their choir.

TJ

Is his former wife,Claudine, still living? Remember when she got off for murdering her ski instructor boy friend (I think his name was Spider Savage?)

micheleK

Every Christmas we listen to his holiday CD, his music added to our celebration. He was a great talent and will be missed by all

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments