Tommy Lee

SUED Over Roller Coaster

Drum Stunt

9/27/2012 5:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0927_tommy_lee_getty
The man who claims he invented Tommy Lee's awesome roller coaster drum solo thing has kept his word -- officially following through on a promise to SUE the drummer ... for allegedly jacking his design.

L.A. based engineer Scott King filed the lawsuit in L.A. County Superior Court, claiming he approached Lee back in 1991 with an initial design for a drum-roller coaster for his concerts ... and Lee jacked it for Motley Crue's 2011 tour.

Now King is suing Lee for stealing his idea -- demanding at least $400,000 in damages.

TMZ broke the story ... King sent Lee a warning shot last month -- in the form of a legal letter -- promising to sue if Lee didn't pay up. Well, Lee didn't pay up.

Lee's attorneys responded to King's letter claiming King's full of crap ... he never pitched Lee Squat.

Anonymous

Something tells me to believe this guy.

Pondscum

Yeah, I think your right.

Cujeaux

I've seen stair lifts go after than this lame prop.

DaveT

Gold digger's a little late :D

kicksroute66

Tommy rules!!!

I am Spartacus

So the guy approached him back in 91 and they didn't do it. 20 years later the idea comes back in their mind and they decide to use it. Did this guy patent the idea or something? Whats the big deal if 20 years later they decide to revisit the idea of doing that?

FresnoBullpup

The only problem is, this guy proposed a roller coaster stunt, Tommy Lee just uses a circle, not a track that runs through the stage. Oh yeah, that and drummers have been using upside down drum kits for decades, which is pretty much what this kit is.

josephgein

How is that awesome? It's completely stupid. And Tommy Lee keeps time worse than a fake Rolex.

LCS27

I always thought that the stupid OTT Tommy's drum was a gimmick to distract the audience from the fact that Motley Crue has a singer who can't sing live.

joecrabs

DDAAAMMMMM!!!! I am so sick of all the garbage that pops up on my screen when I come to this stupid site!! I don't want a new phone, a 250% loan, or to take your stupid star tour, a--holes!!!!

Bitch please

I thought Tommy Lee was dead. Oh wait, his career is.

Diamond Goddess!

Wow, yet ANOTHER thing Lee can't afford to pay for!
Who'd 'a thunk it?

just because

lame lawsuit on the grounds of the united states patent on the fair ride called "Ring of Fire"

It's Dave

Saw Buddy Rich turn upside down while playing the drums on the Johnny Carson show back in the 70s. And it was my impression that Buddy had been doing that stunt for many years. Scott King is full of it as this is nothing but just another twist on what Buddy was doing way back when. Whoever came up with the stunt for Buddy should get the credit and not Scott King. Rock on Tommy.

joe

You can't trademark a circle.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments