Apple CEO Tim Cook

Sorry For Our

Crappy New Maps

9/28/2012 8:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0928_tim_cook_map_article
Apple CEO Tim Cook is admitting ... the company's new "Maps" program suuuuuuuucks ... but he vows to make up for the mistake.

Cook just released a statement ... saying, "We are extremely sorry for the frustration [the Maps program] has caused our customers and we are doing everything we can to make Maps better."

Cook adds, "While we’re improving Maps, you can try alternatives by downloading map apps from the App Store like Bing, MapQuest and Waze, or use Google or Nokia maps by going to their websites and creating an icon on your home screen to their web app."

Still, Cook promises to fix the issues ASAP ... saying, "Everything we do at Apple is aimed at making our products the best in the world ... We will keep working non-stop until Maps lives up to the same incredibly high standard."

0928_old_iphone_footer_V2

niles

Bing and Mapquest? Oh please, those both suck bigtime!

brownisclown

With Steve Jobs dead, there is now nobody at Apple to say NO to bad design. These Monkeys are going to screw everything up once again! Tim Cook is a pitiful replacement attempt, and this public apology doesn't produce strength in admitting when you're wrong....it shows obvious stress cracks in the foundation of a company that can only be ran by one person and one person only. Ask anyone who still works for Apple or AppleCare at this point. The consensus flows true: "Apple's exterior reputation far surpasses it's internal one" - And now you see the seepage that will, once again, bring this corporation back down to reality. Tim Cook needs to be FIRED!

Kevin

Have you even used Bing maps recently? It is on par with Google maps BRO.

MADE MAN

I'm an devoted apple customer I have an iPod touch, the new iPad (which I'm on as I type), a iMac in my home office and a iPhone 4s with Verizon thru my job, the only problem I have is the fact they all do the same exact thing the iPhone makes calls tho. I wish apple make certain features dedicated to each device but I absolutely love apple. I hate the android system that's why I can't wait til my sprint contract is up so I can get rid of the galaxy I can't wait to get my hands on a iPhone 5. The maps are the least of my concern. My biggest complaint is the fact that can't download apps if your payment method is out of date even if the app is free. Apple is all about money but I respect the company's hustle

StepOne

I have NO problem with the new maps.....it is so much better than the previous application. I actually like it better than my GPS.

mellahoney

My map's great. I don't have to spend the $ on garmin and the voice directions were pretty clear.

DopeLikeCoke

I'm irritated by the new maps, but I downloaded Waze a year ago, and its the best navigation gadget besides the navigation in your car.

Huckleberry

This is why I love you guys. Definitely the best story of the maps mishaps.

Staying with ioS5!

Chris

The best in the world? Really? Why then is it that Samsung has always been 3 steps ahead of apple when it comes to phones. The screens have always been larger, they have never had a problem with losing calls because the antenna was in the wrong place. Their apps and software are far superior. they have yet to have Samsung users envy over anything the new IPhone 5 has because Samsung Galaxy S III which came out first has more features, a larger screen and is an all around better product then the I5 which is just another excuse for people to upgrade with little benefit from the older models

DaveT

Spend $1.50 and get a paper map keep it in the glove box, when your electronic maps get a hitch in their get-along you have some backup

Shark

what a ****nuts...if apple honestly cared about their customers they would have created a better map system than google and then launched it as the sole mapping app once they had it iron clad and performing perfectly. in the meantime they could have kept google until that point. but no...due to their war with google they yank the worlds best most proven most consistent most reliable mapping service to replace it with something you must consider a beta version...with map directions leading you into a lake, or into a dead end etc. what a tool apple is. they just want to be number one and take your money. they dont care in the meantime if your screwed.

Kesem

I have used apple's new map and I love it. I don't see what everyone is so upset about. It works great. Some people want to see Apple fail because they are so on top right now.

This all reminds me of the stupid antenna gate controversy. Apple will make maps better and this too shall pass

I LOVE THE iPhone!!!!!!!

Doug

my android works fine, why doesn't your over priced junk do the same. you need to be fired

John_Dunkel

yo momma so fat she had her ass mapped!

News Flash

Lmao I can't even find my street!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments