Comic Book Legend Stan Lee

I Got a Pacemaker ...

BUT I AIN'T DEAD!

9/28/2012 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0928_stan_lee_article
Spider-Man, Bruce Banner, Daredevil, The Avengers and the X-Men can all rest easy ... 'cause their fearless creator Stan Lee is alive and kickin' after getting a pacemaker implanted near his heart.

The 90-year-old comic book legend just fired off an AWESOME statement to fans after undergoing pacemaker surgery in L.A. last week, in which he proudly declares that he's not yet ready to become the Grimm Reaper's bitch:

"Attention, Troops!

This is a dispatch sent from your beloved Generalissimo, directly from the center of Hollywood’s combat zone!

Now hear this! Your leader hath not deserted thee! In an effort to be more like my fellow Avenger, Tony Stark, I have had an electronic pace-maker placed near my heart to insure that I’ll be able to lead thee for another 90 years.

But fear thee not, my valiant warriors. I am in constant touch with our commanders in the field and victory shall soon be ours. Now I must end this dispatch and join my troops, for an army without a leader is like a day without a cameo!"

I Was About To Say

Wow, they WASTED a pacemaker on a 90yr old guy that probably doesn't have much time left, smart...real smart, probably die of cancer or something soon.

I Was About To Say

At 90yrs old, you may have a battery charged heart for a little longer, but outside of that, you're half blind, half deaf, peeing on yourself, bones are brittle, false teeth, can barely walk, wrinkle like a turtle but hey....at least you're still alive right?

Spencer B in MD

I Love Stan Lee! I am very thankful that he is well (and witty as ever!) I always look for his cameos in every Marvel Superhero Movie. Excelsior, Stan!!!

Phishie from Philly

Now hear this! You need help!
Phishie from Philly

Junshin

Excelsior!

Oh, any of you other geeks here, Michael O'Hare (Commander Sinclair of Babylon 5) died this afternoon. :(

MP

I know nothing about comic books, but I love this man! I love how his life has impacted pop culture in this country and that he's still going strong at 90. Good for you, Mr. Lee! I hope to see you on The Big Bang Theory again!

Awesome

If someone told me that my grandmother couldn't have a pacemaker because she was old... Some serious a$$ kicking would be happening. ...** to the ones who have a problem with this.... Big whoop!...so what!?...he got a pacemaker! GET OVER IT! It didn't cost you anything so why the f~ck do you care?!?! He's old...OLD PEOPLE GET PACEMAKERS. ** they make them everyday by the bundles. I'm sure no one went with out one because Stan Lee got one. Cheese and crackers folks...calm the hell down. Get your panties out of your a$$. Everything is going to be ok.

Gretel

There are men almost half his age who have pacemakers. I think it is just too freaking cool that he's 90 and got a pacemaker. Good for you Mr Lee!

Majestik

STAN RULES!!!!

len

I love Stan for creating the Marvel Universe but REMEMBER it was JACK KIRBY who created the inhabitants of that universe

len

I love Stan for creating the Marvel universe but PLEASE remember it was JACK KIRBY who created the INHABITANTS of that universe

DaveT

If you really wanna have fun at 90 have 'em install a pacemaker down below

Shadowtag

CO-creator. Two extra letters, come on.

shannon2

I love Stan Lee! I met him at Albuquerque Comic Expo this year! He spent a long time talking with and encouraging a severely mentally and physically challenged kid in front of me and I got to hear him say "Excelsior" to him.
He told me I did a good job on my costume, and It was the greatest compliment I have ever gotten in my life. I came as Scarlet Witch. He CREATED her. I have never ever met a sweeter, kinder more genuine man.

tiff321

i love this guy he the best i love all his comics book he ever written

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments