Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

Nightlife

What an Imbecile! Nicki Trashnaj is a joke. Whatever rapping skills she had were lost on that mediocre Pink Friday LP. I'm not a huge Mariah fan, but I know she is a true talent. Nicki's music is disposable. Watch out dumb bitch. Azealia Banks is coming to take you're spot. She's a far better female mc. You stupid hoe.

ashcan

It's FAKE, next they will meet in the wrestling ring. LOL!

Writ

One wonders what American Idol was thinking hiring Nikki. You are asking "No Talent, Pretending to Have Talent" to judge talent? How does that compute. Nikki is a fish out of water and needs charm classes,an education, a voice coach, a stylist, a hairdresser, and a make-up artist. Nikki is a royal mess and does not deserve to sit among talent on American Idol, let alone judge it. She has not earned her stripes and screeching is not singing.

Chelsey

Nicki Minja's is just a dumb bitch who can rhyme some words together... Happy happy birthday to her! she needs to get the hell over herself and realize where she came from. the streeetsss Bizznitch get it together.... Nasty. just nastyyy.

latisha

This is crazy i think they both should be kick off the show. Mariah Carey start the hole issue when she didnt want nicki on the show. and nicki minaj shouldnt have said what she said. to be honest about the problem mariah needs to grow up and so does nicki . any way they need to show these young teen how to act and come together as one .we all are gods kids no matter what color ur skin is.

scorpio

Nicki give it up, you and the person who hired you for american idol both should be FIRED!

scorpio

THAT'S JUST IT, NICKI FEELS INSECURE SITTING NEXT TO MARIAH CAREY, SO SHE THINKS GETTING GHETTO ON HER IS GOING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. NICKI WE DON'T LIKE YOU AND YOU NEED TO BE OFF THAT SHOW.

scorpio

Nicki give it up. you and the person who hired you to be a judge in american idol both should be FIRED!

scorpio

cancel the show!!!!! It's a disgrace for our youngsters that are watching it.

Hoosier Girl

You can take the girl out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl. I think A. I. ought to rethink who they are having represent their show. This behavior is telling the world that an “American Idol” is expectable to behave like this, for they are the judges. I, for one, would tune in to see Mariah Carey, but was put off when I heard that Nicki Minaj was one of the other judges. Now I know that I will not be watching A. I. for the first time since its beginning.

vtajen

You can CLEARLY see the difference between CLASS and TRASH here...

JF

Ryan Seacrest is just as bad as Nicki for allowing this to go on his show. It is not good for society to see this crap! We have enough bad things day to day who needs this! I have lost a lot of respect for him and Nicki never had my respect.

ETO

typical ghetto trash...you can take the person out of the ghetto, but you con't take the ghetto out of the person

Firefly

Nicki Minaj is a ghetto maggot! She has no talent, no class whatsoever & is clearly intimidated by Mariah Carey. Nicki went off on Mariah because she knows that she'll never achieve the level & longevity of Mariah. Her 2 seconds of fame will be over in ... oops ... over! She has 0 chance that anyone will be singing her songs 3-5 yrs. from now ... she's like the latest dog food comercial ... who will remember her? You're a loser Nicki Minaj ... I hope that American Idol will show some class & fire you ... otherwise they truly risk losing their fan base. You simply are not qualified to be a judge of talent ... especially since you have none!

peggy

goodbye AI - I cannot endure to watch Nicki. What were you thinking to put such an inexperienced person on as a judge. good grief.

Previous 15 Comments | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments