Mariah Snipes at Nicki

CAUGHT ON TAPE

10/3/2012 9:34 AM PDT UPDATED: 10/3/2012 9:56 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Video

1002_full_fight_video_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_launch
update_bar
9:47 AM PT
-- Sources tell TMZ, Nicki's rant on the "American Idol" set went beyond mere name-calling Tuesday ... the rapper also threatened Mariah's life, saying, "If I had a gun, I would shoot her."

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
derailed the "American Idol" auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina Tuesday, after swearing at Mariah Carey and threatening, "I'm gonna knock you out" ... but Mariah FIRED RIGHT BACK with insults of her own.

In the footage, obtained by TMZ, Nicki is clearly furious ... shouting, "I told them I'm not f*ckin' putting up with her f**kin' highness over there."

Mariah can be heard saying, "“Oh why, WHYYYY .do I have a three year old sitting around me?”

Carey continues, "I can’t see my kids, because you decided to act like a little crazy bitch and go all around the stage.”

Sources say Nicki later threatened to "knock out" Mariah ... but she said it before the video starts.

It all went down while the two were sitting at the judge's table ... with Keith Urban sitting in between them and Randy Jackson sitting on the far end, next to Mariah.

We're told the whole thing exploded over a disagreement over a contestant's performance.

Listen closely as you play the video ... you'll hear

Nicki: Think I'm playin? Think this sh*t is a f*cking joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Think it’s a joke? Say one more disrespectful thing to me, if you say one more disrespectful thing to me -- off with your head!

Mariah: I am not being disrespectful.

Nicki: Off with your head, off with your head.

Nicki: Don’t tell me I'm insecure, don’t tell me I'm inadequate ... you gonna get sent [inaudible] just fall back; don’t ... you don’t know [inaudible] I don’t feel inadequate. You’re the insecure one sittin' up there running down her resume every five minutes.

Nicki: Every time you take a shot at me I'ma take it back, and if you gotta f*cking problem then handle it. I told them, I'm not f*cking putting up with your f*cking highness over there ... figure it the f*ck out. Figure it out.

Mariah: whyyyy, whhyyyyy ...

Nicki: Figure it out

Mariah: ... do I have a 3-year-old sitting around me???

Nicki: I’m not sitting here for 20 minutes and having you run down your resume everyday, No! Goodbye!

Mariah: Listen ... I can’t see my kids because you decided to make ... to have ... to have a little baby fit and going all around the stage.

Nicki: Good, well then go see them now, go see them now ... you’re boring as f*ck, you’re boring as f*ck.

According to our friends at MouthToEars.com, producers ended the auditions for the day so the two judges could cool down.  We've confirmed that happened.

Big wigs on the show seem uncharacteristically upset by the blow up.  It seems producers are worried about Mariah and Nicki co-existing for the long haul.

HoV-nicki-minaj-click-thru-banner

Blackswann

Fire that no talent woman... Niki needs to go!!!

thetruth

AI has to do anything they can to get their ratings up

Sarena

AI has really Jumped the Shark when they put Nicki Minaj on the panel as a judge.

Carl

What a surprise. TMZ yet again gets "leaked" footage straight from the producers in order to promote their show. They whole Mariah-Nicky thing is so obviously staged for ratings it isn't even funny.

Jillian

This show is FINISHED. Stick a fork in it.

Bryon

Who cares? A one hit wonder and a has been

thestupid

Mariah hasnt came up with anything in years. Nikki has. Both are good. Both have crappy personalities.

Elizabeth Bart

Nicki has no clue what is good music, her's is terrible! They never should have put her on as a judge!

thetruth

The whole season is gonna be one HOT MESS

Mumra the Ever Living

There is only one solution: Texas bunkhouse steelcage deathmatch. Oh and a cowbell attached to a ten foot length of rawhide strap, because You Can Never Have Enough Cowbell!!!

Lucki

Well Duh... Ghetto vs. Class.... You have a short-term less then semi-talent/talentless individual sitting at the same table with someone who has DECADES of time and experience..... EARNED time and experience plus a level of class that young Nikki has yet to show, was a BAD idea from the table!!!

Majestik

Next up, AI decides to get an equalizer to really put the drama in and announces a FIFTH judge to sit on the other side of Randy Jackson. Cue the contract for Lady Gaga.
Geez.
Hey, TMZ when do you get the exclusive interview with Nick Cannon claiming that if Nicki attempts to touch his wife he'll knock her down?

Justin

I don't like either artist but Mariah has 100 million album sales and 20 grammys to back up her cred. Minaj, you are second fiddle here.

Sassy

I wonder who started it. We can't pick who's at fault by talent, wackos!

I'm not going to assume cause Nicki is so colorful in her demeanor that she's the problem. I constantly hear what a diva Mariah is, but that doesn't mean she's at fault either! Who knows? Could be both at the same time.

I do wish I was in that room and witnessed the whole exchange. This will help the ratings if certain things make it on air for sure.

Barbarascy

They don't have to get along and they don't have to agree, but it is very unprofessional to threaten to 'knock somebody out'. If this is true and it's entirely possible that it isn't, Minaj is out of line. There is no room for that ghetto b.s. in a professional setting. There is nothing wrong with standing one's ground, but you don't threaten violence.