'American Idol'

Peace at Last!

10/3/2012 4:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1003_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_article_getty
No blood today on the set of "American Idol."  In fact, it was downright peaceful and professional ... sources connected with the show tell TMZ.

We're told from outward appearances at least ... Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj buried the hatchet and were civil with each other during the entire day of auditions in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Our sources say everyone was "embarrassed" by the outburst between Nicki and Mariah captured on video and posted on TMZ. They apparently took it to heart. Our spies say the confrontation "shocked everyone back into place."

We're told aside from everyone getting along, the talent was great and the judges meshed together better than just about any configuration the show has ever had.

The question ... will the detente last? Everyone is boarding a plane right now for Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Stay tuned.

Billy

Who the heck is this Nicki Minaj person...I've seen her "Perform", if you want to call it that once on TV and she, he or it was beyond untalented. I've seen
more talented performers in a drag show. I can just imagine a drag queen yanking off her wig and beating the S***T out of the thing.

G-MONEY

i wish they never put nicki minaj on american idol and i dont even watch the show she better sit down lil kim done already had to check that fake barbie so if she know whats best she better chill cuz someone else aint gone let her walk

Jillian

Thank god for HBO & SHOWTIME! With shows like this....They also cleaned up by winning the majority of Emmys, etc.!

gutsygirl

Harvey and his gang of merry men must be in mourning after Mitt broke his foot off in Obama's a$s tonight. Still no story up!?

TheTruthIs

Who cares?!

Gary

Made up fight promoted by the lousy gossip site TMZ to help out pal Ryan keep his job on the sinking Idol....they tried this lame fighting crap on xfactor....it didn't work...people aren't that dumb TMZ.

Sharon

I first thought after Jen and Stevie left the show I was sure the show would tank with the new judges but it sounds like it might be a very interesting season to say the least. Plus I love Keith Urban. Wish Toby had taken the job though. He strikes me as the type that dont take no crap and will say what he means and tell those kids excatly what he thinks. Kinda like Simon was. Oh well they didnt ask me LOL

Sharon

I thought for sure the show this season was gonna tank. Is really wanted Toby Keith on the show. He would told what he thought. But from what I have been hearing it just might be a very interesting season.

SeekTall(com)

You can share your life and love with friends online. -- SeekTal l. Ço M -- it is a nice d?ting service for t all guys or girls to find their romantic love. Maybe you will like it. Join it and find your girl or guy.

nORRis8

I do not who either one of these people are. Looks like I'm not missing much

Babydoll0630

YAWN....................that ugly girl vs. Mariah. NO REAL COMPETIION....tmZZZZZZZZZZ

Richard Edwards

I knew from the start that Nicki minaj was going to be trouble on American Idol. I did love that show but maybe not so much any more
Minaj is an ignorant Thug. She has no manners and neither does her fans. Suck it Minaj

Dams

What s that genenration ??? always trying to shoot more loud than others...I'm sure in twenty years peoples gonna listen again Carey's song...are you sure on 5 years peoples gonna care about that Nicki ???

Alice

This is all publicity Mariah knew that Nicki was going to be in the show since the beginning. It was predicted that it was going to be a confrontation. Mariah could off avoided the headache and say NO. The song bird is a diva she doesn't need to chill with trash.

Kris

What better way to get ratings??????? These two know it so why not start a fake feud to get people talking! I think it is a fake fight.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments