Nicki Minaj

If I had a gun

10/3/2012 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1003_nicki_mariah
update_bar
Nigel Lythgoe
tells TMZ, "The statement [that Nicki made a death threat] is absolute rubbish.  It's absolutely not true in any way, shape or form." Nigel adds that Mariah confronted Nicki this morning and asked if she made the death threat and Nicki said absolutely not. Nigel says Mariah's people are stirring the pot and gave her bad info.

0314_divider_graphic
Nicki Minaj
's rant on the "American Idol" set Tuesday went way beyond name-calling ... she threatened Mariah Carey's life -- this according to sources connected to the production.

Our sources say ... in the heat of the argument, Nicki said, "If I had a gun I would shoot her."

The alleged threat was not captured on the video obtained by TMZ.  But this is interesting ... if you listen to the audio closely, 11 seconds in you hear Nicki say to Mariah, "Off with your head! Off with your head!."

A source close to Nicki says the singer calls B.S. on the death threat allegation.

yoyo

How is Nicki judgind talent??????!!!! Mariah is a STAR she aint ****!!!!

janet

@ mralissa...how is Carey

FLO

The Minge obviously did not know that it is National Anti- Bullying Week.

miguel

American Idol is horrible and nothing short of a gun fight is gonna make me watch a second of it. Minaj has less talent then my big toe, Keith Urban is horrible for television, Mariah has always killed my ears with her dolphin crying vocals. I feel for ya Randy, good luck this year.

sharkscue

I totally agree with everyone saying that Nicki Minaj should not be judging anyone. I so totally disagree with the idiots saying that Nicki Minaj represents the Black race because she no more represents that black race than James Holmes represents the White race. Race should not be a factor. We all have members of our races that we are ashamed of and they in no way are representative of all of the good and talented people of all races. Everywhere I turn people have to resort to bashing races. We should all be trying to get along because that is the only way that the human race will survive if we stick together and combat the evils of the world and not each other.

FLO

Why did you have to insult the monkey?

CC

And who thought it would be a good idea to put her on a "family" show in the first place. Ghetto is as Ghetto does..the girl has no talent & no class

Lynn

American Idol has pretty much run off any older viewers to get the teenage viewer. They better be careful or the parents will be turning the channel on these guys. Thank goodness no one in my family has wanted to watch the last two seasons. We used to look forward to the show each year but no more.

kimkardashianstalkingass

I think the outrage should be about this hunk of crap Keith Urban. I didn't know who is was so I just watched a few of his videos. What a bore this guy is. Send this guy back to the farm.

OooooNooo!

NM should be booted off the show - it would help her "career" as a bad-ass rapper and it would help AI.

Columbo

please get rid of this Skank Clown, Nicki!
She sucks. Waste of space on Earth.

The Truth Hurts

Why isn't Nicki in jail? I mean she threaten Mariah. She may not have said she was going to shoot her but she did threaten Mariah with violence. Its caught on tape

theroyalgs

COME ON FOLKS.........TOTAL SET-UP for ratings...Any publicity.....Good publicity

YdoIreadthisstuff

She talks so much sh!t she doesn't remember what she says.

R

Sophia Grace and Rosie should never talk to Nicki again!