QVC Guest Host

Collapses

On Live TV

10/8/2012 1:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

100812_qvc_faintQVC guest host Cassie Slane experienced an on-air medical emergency yesterday on live TV -- clutching her chest and collapsing on her co-host -- but thankfully, she's doing much better now.

Cassie and co-host Dan Hughes were hocking tablet devices for kids on the show "Sundays with Carolyn and Dan" when Cassie suddenly looked ill and fell over, appearing to faint.

The camera immediately cut away -- but Dan kept pitching the product, presumably while Cassie received some kind of medical attention.

Cassie returned to the camera moments later to pick up right where she left off ... but a few seconds in, she started slurring her words. The camera cut again and Dan finally said, "Cassie's having a little problem."

It's unclear what went wrong -- but Cassie took to Twitter hours ago, saying, "Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Feeling better today."

FYI -- it's not the first time Cassie has collapsed on air --a similar incident occurred during an electronics segment in 2010.

Mazor

This is just a metaphor for how women can't stand on their own without a man to hold them up and take care of them.

guest

She could have had a seizure. Different types of electronic lights cause a friend of mine to have a seizure.

Sooz

Looks much what happens to me when the blood sugar dips too low. Fortunately I'm not on TV. A glass of juice and 20 mins. gets thing back on track. It's very frightening when it happens, but I know what to do now.

Kaytee

Notice how after she starts tapping her chest and sorta bobbing her head as she slumps forward ...keeps stuttering her words constantly afterwards... it reminds me of some episodes I've had in the past after my Dr. put new medicine... and they were seizures. Seizures don't have to be huge where you are flopping around in the floor. i'm not saying that is what occurred here but it sure does remind of me the smaller seizures I had before I had the BIG one. I hope she's alright.

Cheryl A.

Or perhaps she does not eat for a few days before going on TV so she looks thinner. Or as someone else suggested, low blood sugar. Hope she really gets well soon.

Cindy

God bless her, she's having strokes or TIA's! Hope they are sending her to the doctor and not just dusting her off.

Mikey

The woman is dying and the guy is still selling the product!

Kabala

Maybe she needs to get laid...

Jen

Best thing she could do for her career.

Nvts

Awesome

katie10

yeah, migraine aura or maybe a type 1 diabetic?

KLM

Wow! I have QVC on all the time...just as background noise to keep me company. I did not see this happen. I must have had another channel on. I hope she's okay.

Rob

That looked like what happen to Jerry Lawler last month, I pray that the lady is going to be alright.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Better get that Preggo Test done.

dierdre

I feel really bad for this woman, but WHY ISN'T SHE IN THE HOSPITAL...I'm no medical person, but it looked like she might have had a stroke the way she was talking. Anyhow, my prayers are with her, and I hope she get's the help she needs. She's so young.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments