The Ataris

Singer ATTACKS Drummer

... On Stage!

10/9/2012 11:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

100912_ataris_attack
Crazy moment at The Ataris concert in Jersey this weekend ... when the lead singer FLIPPED OUT and attacked his drummer ... firing his guitar at the guy and then throwing the drum kit off the stage.

It was a pretty glorious meltdown ... the band -- famous for their 2003 hit "Boys of Summer" -- was in the middle of a song when singer Kris Roe decided he HATED the way the drummer was playing.

Roe finally reaches his breaking point ... unstrapping his guitar and launching it at the drummer.

When the drummer continued to play, Roe grabbed pieces of the drum set ... lifted them over his head ... and threw them off the stage, until the drummer got the message.

Roe then went to the mic and tried to explain himself -- "Our drummer is f**king failing it tonight ... I don't know what his f**king problem is ... but I'm gonna finish the set by myself."

He added, "It's f**king embarrassing ... I can't handle it."

"I apologize ... but there's a certain amount of f**king sh*t I can take ... hopefully you guys understand ... sh*t happens."

update_bar
2:04 PM PT -- Kris -- along with the rest of the band (sans drummer) -- has issued a video statement explaining why he flipped out on stage.

Kris says the drummer had been drinking heavily before the show ... "for like 6 hours probably" ... and was a mess on stage, missing beats and playing like crap.

Kris says he would have liked to have handled the situation differently ... "but c'mon ... it's rock 'n roll."

**WARNING -- THERE IS A LOT OF CUSSING IN THIS STATEMENT**

Franko

Now there's a fine example of solidarity...

Areader

The drummer should of threw his drums at Kris Roe for his terrible guitar playing and singing.....if that's what he calls it!

ADGwinn

i see the the f and s word is uncencered! (:

Joe

Wow, these guys are total professionals. One hit wonders who’s only hit song was a cover song. ….Hey loser idiots…your parents were right all along, time to get a real job. Oooopps…bet you wish you didn’t get all those crappy tattoos now that you have to find real work.

jen

Hopefully people will understand? I understand he's very unprofessional and should have dealt with issues before or after and not during a paid performance. Sounds like he has substance abuse issues since he lacks self control.

Melissa1987

I wonder why bands break up

People Annoy Me

Someone obviously needs to take a bit of Anger Management.

Leslie Wilson

I hope this dude loses his whole fan base because of this tom foolery. When are people going to learn that you can't just get violent the minute something doesn't go your way? A ten year old has more emotional self control than this.

BC

2 things that music today lacks. !) Melody & 2) rhythm. And that band has neither! Just a constant banging of chords.

roll3567

man that was awesome and was def well worth the $15 cover that bar was charging!

samson

This guy's gonna kill somebody someday..

Cheryl A.

If I paid all that money to attend a concert and this happened, I'd be PISSED!

Jay W.

lol... Can you say douche boys and girls?

Phishie from Philly

The drummer farted really bad.

Discretion

Ummm wow! That's all I have to say.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments