« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cartman

If Vick is allowed a dog then Jerry Sandusky should be allowed to keep a 12 yr-old boy.

Yourkiddingmeright

What a POS! Ill never forgive you for what you did! I hate you Michael Vick. How helpless those poor dogs must have felt. I am so sorry to say this but I pray you feel as much pain as you caused each and every one of those poor poor innocent beautiful dogs.

Ashtray5

Stop being lame people. Vick was busted and he redeemed himself. Now go find some one who's actually still on the loose hurting/killing animals !!

mommy

he shouldn't have a dog and he shouldn't have children for that matter. trash like him cannot be rehabilitated. you don't just kill multiple living animals with your bare hands and then just turn it around. this guy is gross--waste of space

BC

he's kidding? Right?

karen

He shouldnt be allowed to own a dog after doing what he did. It's a shame anyone would let him have one. Well I hope he has learned his lesson and I hope i wont hear any news on him killing another one.

KnuckleDragger

Vick has probably learned a lesson in regards to animals. I doubt it was personal in regards to the dog fighting. He's moving on with his life. I see that as a positive.

Chuck

If it's a Pit Bull then the Vicks have a problem....those are dangerous animals.

CLINT

I get that he is despised for what he did, and I agree that what he did was horrible, but does that mean his kids should never have a dog? As long as he stays away from dog fighting and can let his kids become familiar with a pet and find out how much love you can give one, and how much that pet can love you back, then I say let the family have a dog. I'm pretty sure Vick will never lay a finger on a pet in anger or place another dog in a fighting ring again.

God

I think if the man say that he has learned the error of his ways than we should at least give the guy a chance to prove himself and start over! Look at it this way if a murderer gets convicted of killing someone and only gets 10 or 15 years(happens all the time) when they get out of prison are they not allowed to be around humans anymore?

Jeremy

Everyone shut up with the "once a...always a" bull****. Anyone could say the same thing about anything. Any of you ever cheated on somebody? Okay well then you'll do it again guaranteed right. Any of you ever done something once you'll do it again no matter what! Forgive and forget people. Imagine the world if no one forgave...

lynn

While a terrible person, I highly doubt anything is going to happen to that dog.

Spencer B in MD

"The report, dated Aug. 28, 2008, says, "Vick, Peace and Phillips thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs." The report has names and phrases redacted in order to protect the anonymity of certain individuals who cooperated with investigators.

The report also states in mid-April of 2007, Vick, Peace and Phillips hung approximately three dogs who did not perform well in a "rolling session," which indicates the readiness of a dog to fight. According to the report, the three men hung the dogs "by placing a nylon cord over a 2 X 4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed. They also drowned approximately three dogs by putting the dogs' heads in a five gallon bucket of water. Vick admitted taking part in the actual hanging of the dogs." VICK SHOULD NEVER EVER BE ABLE TO BE AROUND DOGS PERIOD. HE HAS NO EMPATHY!!

vickyd0912

At first I said no he doesn't deserve a dog, but after hearing his response, I can understand. He wants to teach his children to love animals, respect animals and treat them well. He wants to break the cycle he grew up with.

Sara

There is no "moving on" from being a murderer. I hope the dog mauls his kids. Quid pro quo, Vick. See how you "move on" after that.