« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Deb

There is no forgiveness to someone who never said he was sorry!

Leigh

His kids should not be punished for what Vick did.... he served his time paid his debt to society.... Chris Brown did much worse to Rhianna and he got a slap on the wrist.

pbtos

DoG why the F n wtf fn NO NO NO U didn`t girl U go girl backside2 jail FOT life

pbtos

dos Dah god know WTF he did? no so NO FN dog4U FO life plus 20

Jordan

Vick is a mother efffing piece of shiiiiit that has showed no remorse. Karma will catch up with you, you efffing crack baby

Vincent

What kind of existence would we have if it were not for second chances and redemption? As an animal lover, I feel what he did in the past was horrible. He definitely has paid for his crime (jail time, millions lost in endorsements, etc) and deserves to chance to resume his life, career and a chance get it right this time with a pet. Why are some of you so filled with hatred and pressing your feet on his neck? If you ask me, he’s no longer the monster here…YOU ARE! Think about it.

pbtos

dogs backwrads{} back off than dude

Brooke

Vick held the heads of innocent cowering animals underwater and held them till they drowned. He has also held them up by their ankles, over his head, and systematically slammed it on the ground until he eventually killed it. This "man' does not deserve a dog, hamster, or a goldfish and he certainly does not deserve to be on the NFL as a role model. His kids can have a dog...at their mother's!

Kimberley

This so called man doesn't deserve his kids let alone a dog. Hate is a very strong word but in this cause I HATE him and I do wish him horrible horrible things in life. As far as I'm concerned he got off really easy for taking the lives of all those innocent dogs...he served some time and then went back to earning millions. He didn't learn his lesson all he learned was how to lie better. I wish we could get him in a ring with some UFC fighters and let them beat the crap out of him repeatedly and then slowly drown him. Even hell is too good for him and others like him that fight animals.

pbtos

He KILLED DOGs there is NO rehab for that I`D worry for his family how could anyone trust someone like that again.LENNY&LENNY want to pet those puppys lenny I don`t know do you want to pet those puppys? I don`t know lenny we got no puppys to pet lenny?

pbtos

Send him to the eastern front to defend the jewish state if and when he returns maybe he can have a pet ROCK

sillyrob

Dear people,

Michael Vick owning a dog doesn't affect your life at all. If this article ruined your day, then maybe you should re-evaluate your life.

Justin

He should be banned from ever owning a dog....actually he should be soaked in gasoline and lit on fire

Proud2bBlack

Leave him alone! He's paid his debt to society. He's completely deserving of loving a pet. Some of you people are so cruel with your hate you're just as capable of causing harm toward an animal and humans. You are not his judge, clean up your own lives. I can only imagine how some of you on these boards live. I'm happy for him, and he has redeemed himself. Enjoy your new pet Mike, you are a good person.

Truth

A vile piece of s#it. This pig is the lowest of the low and has not yet had his karma hit back. He will pay his price soon or later and its gonna be HELL!