« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dale

I voted yes. Why punish the kids for Daddy's behavior?

Carol L

Well put Michael. I believe you.

Penny

It is all good until that pup does its business on the floor, or chews something up. In my humble opinion, working as an animal advocate for 20+ years, people never change. If you abuse an animal or human you are one breath from doing it again. Only God almighty can change someone clean enough, never to resort back to abusive behavior. If that is the case, good for MV and that puppy.

Lee

I feel so sorry for that dog and any other animal that this POS gets his hands on. It is a tragedy that he is breeding. His spawn will be just as bad.

upsman24k

By any chance is this a violation of his parole agreement?

upsman24k

For the people that think he deserves a second chance with an animal because he served his time.
How would you feel if he was a pedophile and opened
up a daycare business to "redeem" himself. Would you
take your kids there to help his "recovery"?

Bagheera

What kind of "dog"? Not entirely convinced a Chihuahua is a dog. Maybe it is a wiener dog?
----
That aside, I believe Michael Vick deserves a second chance. A lot of people here don't. A lot of them believe he deserves to be shot and killed. However, when I say he deserves a second chance I do not mean everyone should blindly forgive Michael Vick. No, rather, I am saying we should give him a rope. It is up to Michael Vick to decide if he will take his dog on walks with this rope or if he will tie it in a not and hang himself with it.
---
In short, give Michael Vick a chance to either prove he has learned from his mistakes or hang himself.

luvapibble

He is not worthy of an animal.

Googie

I believe Michael Vick has been rehabilitated. I believe it was how he was raised & did not know it was wrong. It's not the same as a child molester. You can see his face shows he's not the same as before.
I believe he is sincere. He would not harm an animal now especially because it is his children's pet. Don't compare with child abuse.

fleabag73

I CAN'T WAIT for this worthless crapbag to go down HARD he won't and CANNOT change, if you saw the trial of exactly WHAT he did to those poor pittys you wouldn't look at him the same way either. I'm hugging my pit bull EXTRA tight tonite!!

Adam

Vick, please die ASAP, thank you.

megan

How in the world did he get sent to prison and there wasnt some kind of clause in his deal with the DA that he is like banned from being around dogs for like 10 yrs or something. I thought that happened in all dog fighting cases! People who are punished for dog fighting shouldnt be able to get out of jail or in most cases get done with their probation/ community service and just get another dog. Logically it just doesnt make sense. This is stupid someone should take that dog from him. He is full of $#!% the dog is loved blah blah Im sorry you dont go from killing dogs to loving them even if he isnt fighting this dog I bet he isnt cuddling with it either poor dog still prolly gets beat and mistreated I mean maybe he wont hang it from a tree but Id bet my life he is still mistreating this dog.

PatF

NO!! He should not have been able to get a dog.... or ANY OTHER ANIMAL for that matter!!! Not for the rest of his miserable life.

Rudy

He is remorseless psycho, wait till something happens to THIS poor dog... then will people still defend him and say he should be forgiven?

Diane

THIS IS BS. He usd to throw his family pets into a dogfight for kicks... this man is a s*** bag, and should never be allowed to own a pet. IT'S TOO BAD THAT THE KIDS HAVE TO PAY FOR THE FATHER'S SINS! In any NORMAL case the abuser is not allowed to own pets, ESPECIALLY with the history of this killer.