« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

tottallyurmom!

You piece of crap, you deserve to have NOTHING! you should not be allowed to EVER own, pet or even look at other animal for the rest of your evil life. You are disgusting.

Nirad

No Michael, you do not understand. You should never be allowed to have another dog, never..Treat all Gods creatures with kindness? You hypocrite, you make me sick!

Buddha Babe

Absolutely disgusting.....read THE LOST DOGS if you have any doubt in your mind as to what this horrible creature did to all those innocent animals....for pleasure and for profit. He should never, ever be allowed to have a dog again.

WallyWal

Michael Vick and his family are trying to move on, about time everyone else does too.

Karla

I am not condoning or excusing what he did as that is not possible. He did go to prison though and he did the sentence given him by the Courts.

I am curious as many are saying no and they are entitled to that but does that mean that football players who have beat their wives or girlfriends are not allowed to ever have a wife again when they finish whatever they are given by the Court.(since they rarely are sent to prison for beating their wives). There have been ,any in the League who have never had to pay for the crimes they committed and folks seem not to mind that at all.

Mary Ann McQueen

If it were up to me (and it's not), I would NOT allow a dog in his home.

Nirad

Micheal, there is nothing you can ever say or do that will make it ok for you to ever own a dog again. You had your chance and look how you treated them you vile, vile creature. I cannot even stand to watch you play football. May you rot in Hell..

wow

only if its a pom or a little dog that they can carry in a purse dog. full size no way... make him get cats as well.. and birds.. and fish ... if he wants to teach his kids about animals

Tracey

NO his children should not be punished for what he did and MADE AMENDS for.

Z.

Only because of the children, do I feel it's good for the Vick family to have a pet, but I do not feel a dog is acceptable. There are many other animal companions suited for creating a loving bond between the kids and pets– adopt a bird ... heck, adopt a fancy domesticated pet rat which is like a small short lived dog.

Suz

Michael Vick should never have a dog again. He could have gotten his kid a hamster or a rabbit or something.

Ashafer

What about the family dog he had for his kids that he threw in as a BAIT DOG & LAUGHED as it was RIPPED TO PIECES ??? He wants to teach his kids to be kind to GODS CREATURES ,, HE IS NO TEACHER !! HYPOCRITE !!! OMG..who in their right mind would give him a dog ??? That person should be charged with animal cruelty !!! This is a bunch of CRAP !!! just because he can play football he is above rules and standards????

a4greymom

Are you kidding me??? I cannot believe this......SPCA where are you in this type of situation....why is he being given special treatment...any other convicted felon involving dog fighting is not allowed to own another pet.....so, why is he being given special treatment???? What a piece of trash he is.......put him in a ring with me for 5 minutes.....I cannot believe this.

kris stuart

The last thing this fool deserves is a dog. Cant wait until the press outs the bigger fool who sold him the dog. We know he did not adopt it.....not a rescue on earth would trust him w a dog

Sam

TMZ you need to check your facts. Vick did not do time for what he did to the dogs - he did time for charges related to dog fighting - financing and transporting for criminal purposes. And it sure and hell wasn't HARD time.