« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jen

Also, he is allowed to be around children? What the **** is wrong with this world?! Say hello to future psychopaths...

Sonja

I don't know.. I hate him and his actions but also feel his kids shouldn't have to be punished either. He did serve time which is more than most animal cruelty cases get. He should be banned from owing any type of fighting dog. He should have to register somewhere as a convicted animal abuser, and have to show a health check vet slip once a year (like when you license). Hopefully he really does realize the pain he caused and is trying to make up for it, and teach his kids at the same time. There should be some sort of 'checking up on' though I know states can't seem to keep tabs on abusive parents/cases so ... maybe being in the public eye will ensure this dog is treated and cared for right.

laurie

He should never, ever be able to have a dog...he is a dog killer and once a killer always a killer...

laurie

I really think we should do to him what he did to those dogs..and see how he likes it. Let him feel the pain and cry out for help...an eye for an eye!!!

Sunbear

Can we say PSYCHOPATH! Don't serial killers start with murdering animals? Lets see where this ends!

palermo

Who wrote that statement for him, cause he's sure not smart enough. I really hope karma catches up with him, he is just evil no matter how much he tries to convince us otherwise

TearsOfGypsy

How do you suppose Vick disciplines the family pet when he chews on shoes or piddles on the floor?!

Melissa

Vick should have been euthanized. Don't call a monster a man. Someone that self absorbed and sick in the head should not be allowed near children or animals. I pity his children.

lightskin

Vick is responsible for the deaths of many dogs..now he claims that he wants his children to "treat god's creatures with kindness & humanity"..too late Vick! The ASPCA should make surprise visits to his home..ah kennel.

SYBIL WARD

He does not deserve nor shold he have a dog nor should his kids too bad dad messed up lesson learned for them

johnsy

What happens when Vics dog nips one of his kids is he going to beat it into submission. Has he learned how to train a dog?

kat6534

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!! DOG KILLERS DON'T DESERVE SECOND CHANCES!!! THEY WILL REPEAT THE CYCLE!!! JUST AS CHEATERS DO.....ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER!!!! SAME GOES WITH DOG KILLERS..........

Leia

This man should never be allowed near a dog and should rot in hell for what he did to those poor puppies. I hopet that his new dog bites him in the ass

patches

It sickens Me that This Monster Yes he's a MONSTER would Even Be Allowed to have a Dog Who ever thought this was a Good idea Needs to have themselves Evaluated Because they have something Missing or they didn't read the news or watch Television? I'm Not sure what reasons This monster Gave for wanting to give a Dog to his Children But for some reason they Believed him Wonder what Lies He Spewed to get the Dog, and I truly Hope he's Changed *tho i doubt he did* but I'm Convinced that when this Dog Does Something wrong tears up His Slippers, Knocked over his water Dish what ever he does, the first thing he'll do is take this dog and Slam it on the Side walk Once a Dog Killer Always A Dog Killer it's Sad I feel sorry for this Poor Dog/... God Bless this Dog and I hope that this Innocent Creature of god Doesn't become Another Casualty

deedeejenkins

What kind of dog I would love to know an he should never be aloud to have a dog he may teach his kids to love Gods creatures. But he has Provence he doesn't this is bs an should be a violation