« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jetfanglo

not only female dogs are a b*+ch , mike...........so IS karma !!!...good luck 2 ya ; )

News Flash

Wow he's pouring it on thick. I don't believe a word he said.

Rachel

but people continue to watch him play football...great role model for children everywhere...

kat6534

THIS IS SHOCKING!!!! WHAT AN OUTRAGE!!! DOG KILLERS DON'T DESERVE SECOND CHANCES!!! ONCE A DOG KILLER, ALWAYS A DOG KILLER!!! JUST LIKE CHEATERS, ONCE A CHEATER ALWAYS A CHEATER!!! I HAVE SEEN THE CYCLE SO MANY TIMES.....I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THE DOG, BEHIND CLOSE DOORS WHO KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO IT!!! ANIMALS ALWAYS GIVE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!!!!! THIS MAN IS A MONSTER, HE DOES NOT DESERVE THIS KIND OF LOVE!!!!

breezy

TMZ why do u continue to give this pig the time of day? There has to be more important stories out there. Anything in the world would be a better story than this disgusting piece of trash. The wold would be a better place if he were dead.

dj duck

well, he has a dog..it would be a great time for time to really turn the beat around and talk about spay/neuter and not chaining your dog.
he could make a positive difference.

deedeepetite

Comparing him to a pedophile is just stupid. He wasn't kicking random dogs. If Michael "shouldn't" have a dog, then **** fighters shouldn't eat chicken. HE'S PAID HIS DEBT TO SOCIETY!!!!

Carolyn Cooke

I simply cannot abide all those "do gooders" who claim to love "all God's creatures" EXCEPT Michael Vick. Read the scriptures on FORGIVENESS!

Sherry

He talks about breaking the cycle!!!! Dont let him have a dog that will break the cycle and for sure keep the dogs safe

Lydia

Let me guess... what type of doggie does this sweet gentle Vick own?

Me Too

This piece of garbage vick should not be LIVING- let alone have a pet. That poor dog...

ju

this burns me up just to think he has a dog after torturing these dogs and some of them died because of this peice of crap why is it fair that he should own a dog after killing them the only thing I can say he should be cleaning up dog **** at the shelters if these dogs could talk they would say let the dogs loose on him and see how it feels this is the pathetic person he should not even be playing football these people get away with so much **** cause of who they are im sick of it

Amanda

I am still confused because I was under the impression that part of his agreement to be released is that he never gets to own another dog. I guess child molesters should be able to live by schools after they spend time in jail because they paid their dues.

Veronica nuno

He has. No business having a dog. He represents the NFL as a player and a lot of kids look up to him he should have been fired. All the money from his book should go to animal shelters. Those dogs had no choice but to fight why didn't he get his a.. In a ring and fight.

wendie

I think its okay. for his kids sake, and to break the cycle.
I hope that dog is as loved as a dog can be.