« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick

Yeah, We Have a Dog

10/11/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011_michael_vick_01
Michael Vick
has finally said squarely ... his family does indeed have a dog.

There's been a lot of controversy over whether Vick -- who served hard time for brutally killing multiple dogs, should own one again.

Vick says, "I understand the strong emotions by some people about our family's decision to care for a pet.  As a father, it is important to make sure my children develop a healthy relationship with animals."

Vick goes on, "I want to ensure that my children establish a loving bond and treat all of God's creatures with kindness and respect.  Our pet is well cared for and loved as a member of our family."

Vick continues, "This is an opportunity to break the cycle.  To that end, I will continue to honor my commitment to animal welfare and be an instrument of positive change."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jballs

Once a dog killer always a dog killer. Mike Vick In A Box.

Cheryl A.

This pathetic piece of trash does not deserve a dog!

Ace

He feeds it cats.

Patti

what kind of dog do they own? Well I think the more important question is WHO ON GODS GREEN EARTH ALLOWED HIM TO GET A DOG!!!!

Sammwells Pariss

wow multiple times killing doggs in trunk fights watev.. this man shouldnt be playing the game..
put vick on WIPE OUT EXTREME WIPEOUT.. INSTEAD OF BIGRED BALLS ROTWIELERS.. with laser beams attached to their heads "is that too much?"

dpbdpb

His family can have a dog. Whatever dark place he was in, or let himself be influenced by, I'm sure he's past it and regrets the hurt and pain he caused. He paid his time, I think he's changed, let he and his family enjoy pets the way they're supposed to.

Irish2Ice

Having one as a PET is EXACTLY what's needed in his family.

Tina

Are you kidding me?? His place was like a concentration camp for dogs!! Hell No he shouldn't own another dog....ever!!!

Emilio

OH NO!...RUN SPOT RUN!!

ChuckA41

I absolutely can't believe that I'm saying this, but I do agree with his reasoning. I don't think he should be allowed to have any pets or his Million dollar career, but all kids can benefit from a family pet. I'm going to puke now.

L00P

How about child abusers,murderers,and rapists that serve time and who still continue to have kids or be around other kids?

If sense were common everyone would have it.

I hope it mauls him to death.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

I h

Lenore

He killed his children's last pet!!

obama'saracist

vick fed up then he manned up said I did it I was wrong and I am ready to take my medicine,yall have more sympathies for child rapist and a president who is responsible for thousand of men dying overseas

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments