'X Factor' Finalist

Finds His Birth Mother

... Thanks To The Show

10/20/2012 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1019-david-correy-x-factor
Reality TV can actually do some good in the world ... just ask "X Factor" finalist David Correy who found his birth mother after 25 years of separation ... all thanks to the show.

The 26-year-old David -- who is in the final 16 -- told the judges during his first audition that he was singing for his birth mother -- whom he'd never met -- who gave him up for adoption from Brazil as a baby.

Sources close to David tell TMZ when his episode of "X" aired in Brazil, a woman named Luciene Lima recognized the baby pics shown in David's segment and had a gut feeling he was hers.

We're told Luciene went through the Brazilian court system to trace her adoption -- and her findings led her back to David. Luciene, not knowing how to reach out to her long lost son, contacted the local media.

Our sources say a local paper was able to track David down in the U.S. and tell him about his mother.

We're told a DNA test has not been performed, but so far everything matches: the birth certificate, the orphanage David came from and the timeline.

A close friend of David's tells TMZ, "David is so happy -- and he can't wait to meet her for the first time."

Stiletto

He used the story for points, and she is going for the bucks. If he was a clerk at target she would not have wasted the time.

Alice

That's great finally TMZ gave some news worth reading.. lol.

ChuckA41

Think how many family members will show up if he wins. So phony.

SMASHED

That's so amazing. I found mine too...at 30 after being told she was dead. It wasn't always easy but I have always taken care of her since we met and now she lives with us. Don't hate people - unless you've been through it - DO NOT JUDGE.

Jay W.

Shouldn't he be singing for himself... or maybe the woman who raised him?

ValentineDorothea

I just got paid $6784 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that's cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $9k her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less. This is what I do, View More

Denver

And then she sees him for the first time and says.... "Uh, yeah... Nevermind.? Then flees tor the nearest airport...

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Anyone else taking notice of the fact that these type shows can no longer stand on their own merit and have to have a "hook" to pull in viewers? I'd rather watch a cooking show. Actually I'd rather watch all Giada all the time, but that's just me.

Brite

I question how interested she was in him beforee she saw $$$ signs?

MzReeses

Makes me wonder if he may have had a rough childhood. Did they even say if he was adopted or in a foster home? I'm just finding it hard to believe that anyone would want someone in their life (even if it is their birth mom) that didn't even care to find them in all that time especially if they had an adoptive family.

WillOTheWisp

I feel like I know this guy. He's awesome, and I wish him the very best.

cjs

Best of luck to him. Being adopted myself and having "found" my birth mother years ago.. I hope he goes in expecting the worst, that way you are "covered" , mine was awful.

She has four other kids two older and two younger than me... I was in the middle and ALL were from different Dads. She "sold" me to a couple in their 40s.

I hope his story is better.. sometimes it's better to believe that you were wanted and she couldn't keep you than to find out the ugly truth.

Ed Wanderley

The story has some points right, like the title, but that's not even close to what happened here in Brazil. I'm the journalist who was watching the show when David claimed to be from my city and tell the world he wanted to meet his mother. The paper "Diario de Pernambuco" started publishing articles about his search. We were able to publish Luciene Correia de Lima name on web, tv and newspaper. Then, we found Luciene and, then, we confirmed the identity with the court. The woman never even heard of The X Factor and didn't recognize David. It's a really nice story and she doesn't even know if he has money or "bucks" like some are saying. It was a investigative work that made it possible, not a scam. All the news and articles are avalaible for reading, just look for the truth and you'll find it. The story broke a lot of hearts here and the people's hoping for the reunion. Good things does happen, guys!

Jordan

This is just one more BS story for these types of reality tv his mom is sitting in his living room the producers made up this story so they can get veiwer because ratings are down. These shows are no longer about singing it is about celebrity judges and host and drama does anybody even know who won or came in second last year.

guest

Everyone wants to meet their bio parents, get a good look at them and ask them why? Doesn't mean you want to have a relationship with them, too late for that.
You may not like what you hear and you may end up with more questions than answers, it's not like in the movies!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments