« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Evander Holyfield

I'm UNRETIRING!

10/22/2012 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

102212_holyfield_launch
Evander Holyfield is the Brett Favre of boxing ... minus the self-penis pics ... 'cause less than 2 weeks after telling TMZ he was retiring, Evander says he's changed his mind.

The 50-year-old boxer was leaving Boa in Hollywood this weekend when he made it clear ... he was just confused when he called it quits earlier this month ... and says he WILL fight again.

In fact, Holyfield says he still believes he's a serious contender for the title.

When asked how many more years he has left in the sport, Evander responded, "I don't know ... one day at a time."

FYI -- the oldest fighter to ever win the world Heavyweight Championship is George Foreman ... but he was 45 at the time.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BarrysConspiracyWorld

It makes me sad to see boxers continue to fight at an older age. They are more prone to serious brain injuries and often sustain damage.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

either klitschko brother would easily beat and possibly hurt this man

Logan R

Can't he live vicariously through a younger boxer that he is coaching? Man that would make a great movie...hey wait a minute!

USArmy

No fool like an old fool. I guess he wants to be punch-drunk so he won't have to remember how much money he wasted.

SpitBall

He can climb into the ring anytime he wants to, he can stop the fight any time he wants to, he can end his career any time he wants to. 50 is the new 35. I'm not as concerned about him getting hurt as I am about him having enough balls to stop it if he is. I love the guy and wish him nothing but the v/best.

scoopie

Evander needs money to pay for his many kids, etc. Wonder how Benny Hinn is connected to this. Hope he didn't give away tons of earnings to that.

anon

He said he was confused? He might already be suffering from brain injuries.

Skins

Broke but going to dinner at Boa in Hollywood, Dude is braindead

EMB

Let me translate. I have 11 kids and need the money cause I am a dumbass.

OhWell

The Only Smart Older Boxer Is
George Foreman,Made Far More
Money From His Grillers Than He
Ever Did Boxing.

And I Love His Grillers

Phishie from Philly

I seen this coming. But the crazy part is no matter how many fights he fights he will still end up broke.
Phishie from Philly

manbearpig

i used to like the guy and then i found learned about what a fraud he is. claims to be a religious man and screws around making tons of illegitimate kids.
this guy just doesn't get it that at 51, he should be getting in the ring with fighters half his age.
he is going to get beat down.

Truth

YEA, WHEN UNCLE SAM IS AFTER YOUR ASS, HOUSE IS FORECLOSED, AND OWES TONS OF CASH FOR CHILD SUPPORT DUDE IS UP FOR THAT ONE LAST BIG PAYDAY... EVEN IF THE DOUCHE LOSES HE STILL HAS A GUARANTEE IN THE MILLIONS. DAT'S HIS RETIREMENT PAPER RIGHT THERE! #TRUTH!!

stlrockn

Like many former champs, just doesn't know when to quit, but still has to pay huge child support. He has taken too many punches well past his prime. If you listen to him talk he is
clearly suffering some "dame brammage."

larry

Money talks hope he don't get hurt he is really old

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments